Master Output very low volume

• Hi all, i've finally got myself a pair of monitors, Yamaha HS50Ms today.

Previously i used the KPA via headphones or Monitor Out to a power amp/cab. They both work perfectly fine!

Today, i connected both the monitors to the Master Outputs left and right using XLR cables, and the volume was really low on both monitors. The Main Out volume on the KPA had to be maxed at 0dB to have decent volume and both monitors have their volume cranked. Is there something i'm doing wrong?

The monitors are fine because putting them into my Focusrite Scarlett played back music at a much larger volume via the computer and that's without cranking the monitor volumes.

can someone help me with this? Thanks!

• You can adjust the input gain on your monitors, if required.

Many users have even stated, that the output volume is too high for some audio interfaces.
    This is why we will even lower the volume by 6 db on all outputs in future updates.
    This will also allow for some additional internal headroom.

• You can adjust the input gain on your monitors, if required.

Many users have even stated, that the output volume is too high for some audio interfaces.
    This is why we will even lower the volume by 6 db on all outputs in future updates.
    This will also allow for some additional internal headroom.

Hi Cristoph, thanks for replying. So does this mean the Master Outs are not suitable to connecting to monitors directly? Because even with all the volumes cranked (Monitors + Master Volume 0.0dB), i don't even get 1/10th the volume as when using Monitor Out.

Yes, if i use with with my Audio Interface (Focusrite Scarlett), i can get decent volume with Main Outs at -5dB and the Monitoring volume of the Scarlett cranked. Is this the right way to use the Main out's (XLR or TRS)?

• This is why we will even lower the volume by 6 db on all outputs in future updates

I am using a guitar amp head as a power amp. I bring the Kemper signal into the RETURN of the FX loop on the amp and then on into a cabinet. It sounds great, but the volume is only controllable on the Kemper. If the output volume is reduced by 6 DB, I will probably be forced to use something else for live performances. ?(

• I am using a guitar amp head as a power amp. I bring the Kemper signal into the RETURN of the FX loop on the amp and then on into a cabinet. It sounds great, but the volume is only controllable on the Kemper. If the output volume is reduced by 6 DB, I will probably be forced to use something else for live performances. ?(

Ok this is a problem. First off do NOT decrease the output volume. I agree with the above person that lowering output would make the output far too low.

Here is the possible issue: using the XLR outs you are supposed to be outputting +4DB, using the non balanced -10 TRS outs, this output level does and should drop. Currently the output is ok but if you change it I have no idea how I am going to use the Kemper to play live with.

I have a EMU 1212M audio interface with balanced inputs that accept +4DB input. The Kemper XLR outputs are correct for this and output correct levels. If you tried to plug the Kemper with XLR outs into an interface with non-balanced inputs you would totally overload the inputs.

I actually have an issue using the SPDIF out. The levels are too low without getting clipping. I have no idea why I can't seem to get the Kemper as loud as music I am playing without getting pops in parts of my guitar playing.

In all seriousness this is really getting on my nerves. I can't deal with the clipping sounds. I turn the VOLUME down on the Kemper and I get no more clipping, turn it up to levels I can play with and I get clipping. All profiles totally blast and clip my system if I just switch to them because the SPDIF has no MASTER volume level...

The entire time I am playing I never get the MASTER light turning anything other than green.

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Edited 2 times, last by mikeb ().

• I also support the request to NOT lower the main output. With the TRS outs the KPA already has a weaker signal than any other TRS device I own. I run the gains on my studio mixer hotter with the KPA maxed than I do with Line6 and Roland gear at 50%....??? Its usable now but 6db lower would be a step in the wrong direction. The KPA may gain internal headroom but I lose headroom at the board.....not good!

bd

• Agree with the above comments, people is having issues (not me, for some reasons) with the spdif only, the other outputs are fine.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I am using a guitar amp head as a power amp. I bring the Kemper signal into the RETURN of the FX loop on the amp and then on into a cabinet. It sounds great, but the volume is only controllable on the Kemper. If the output volume is reduced by 6 DB, I will probably be forced to use something else for live performances. ?(

Why? Are you working on maximum level?
    No master volume control on the head for extra volume?

Edited once, last by ckemper ().

• Why? Are you working on maximum level?
    No master volume control on the head for extra volume?

I am using a THD head. When a signal is routed directly into the RETURN input, that signal bypasses the front panel. I do not want to use any of the pre-amp circuitry as it would be redundant with the Kemper.The Master volume, tone, etc on the THD head are thus not effective. I have to control the volume of the signal from the Kemper. As it is, I have to set the outputs up and increase the default output volume of the rigs that I use. A 6 dB reduction in default maximum volume would pretty much put me out of business.