Want to go back to traditional 212 vertical cabs

• OK here's the deal , I bought this superb Redsound RS LG-12 Neo active speaker. I really love the way it sounds. Here's the problem, at rehearsal I'm really close to the cab and while it sits on the ground (needed for nice bass respons) the sound escapes from me. Tilting or lifting I don't like btw. I played over a friends marshall 1936 with cab sim off and liked it better. On stage there's no issue and I can even hook up my helix stomp as backup (which isn't the case instead of a passive cab)

So probably I'll get a vertical 212 to get at least one speaker at a height that I can hear myself better. I could also sell my Redsound and get one of those small SS amps to amplify the helix ...

Any suggestions for a vertical cab ?

Raf

ps : I sold a diezel 2x12 which I regret now because I thought I wanted a FRFR solution, but to be honnest don't feel like I need or hear that much difference (rock/metal). Also like the redsound a lot :)

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Honestly if you are that close to any speaker it will travel past you, so not a guitar cab vs FRFR although I feel FRFR has a better spread. I'm surprised you can't hear that much difference.

Any reason you've not gone for a wedge? No issue with sound projection there. You could go Yam DXR10...

• Honestly if you are that close to any speaker it will travel past you, so not a guitar cab vs FRFR although I feel FRFR has a better spread. I'm surprised you can't hear that much difference.

Any reason you've not gone for a wedge? No issue with sound projection there. You could go Yam DXR10...

I owned an atomic CLR once, didn't use it as a wedge, just straight backline on top of a 10U 19 inch rack ... As a monitor other bandmembers probably won't hear me ...

If I lift the redsound, it looses bassrespons , so the one speaker it has sits close to the ground ... hence in the manual it says you should be a few meters away from the cab to hear it properly ... they do sell this crazy expensive tilt block , maybe I should try tilting a bit

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• Why not tilt or raise? That works just fine for me.

For some reason I fear that with the cab vibrations, my SKB roto would slide off ?

Raf

• For some reason I fear that with the cab vibrations, my SKB roto would slide off ?

Raf

There are many options for raising or tilting a speaker. Perhaps you can find one that's secure enough to fit your requirements.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I turn my Mesa 2x12 on it's end. Works for me. :)

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• I owned an atomic CLR once, didn't use it as a wedge, just straight backline on top of a 10U 19 inch rack ... As a monitor other bandmembers probably won't hear me ...

That is the advantage of using a wedge, you point it at the band ( as well as yourself).

Its way better than a speaker at the back of the stage which is usually to the side of the drummer etc where only you and the singer can hear it... plus less backline bleed etc.

• Always used my Kemper with a CLR.

Very good tone but always felt I was missing something.

Bought a Victory vertical cab 212vv and gig tested it this weekend.

My tone was simply amazing. Really missed having a guitar cab behind me.

With the CLR i had good tone but now my tone has this growl that I never had with the CLR.

It's like I have this "thump" in each note. I don't think you can get that with a FRFR.

The victory is amazing.

CLR is going for sale :)