Unexpected new Kemper owner here

• Hey there -wanted to take a moment and say hi, and drop a quick story of how I ended up here.

I’m a long time fractal user. I’ve been using the AX8 on the road since it was released, had an Axe II in my studio, and just recently upgraded to the III.

A couple weeks ago I realized I hadn’t powered up my Axe in some time and I sold it (I ended up just using my MBP and plugins for my studio work 98% of the time, so the axe wasn’t getting used). So a few days ago a buddy of mine asked if I wanted to borrow his Kemper profiler head- he knew I had never played one, and Iwas mildly curious. So I went by this morning and scooped it up.

Now- I went in with VERY low expectations. Not that I didn’t respect the unit ; but coming from the Axe III I assumed I’d had “the best” already and this was just gonna be a few minutes of my fooling around and then returning it to him. well... BOY was I wrong! I powered it up, landed on an M Britt profile, and before I knew it I had been PLAYING for over an hour. I emphasize that because I haven’t zoned out on a piece Of gear like that in ages. It was SO musical. I was feeling the “push back” I never had with my previous modelers. It was THE thing- the X factor - that I could never quite nail as to why I wasn’t 100% satisfied with my tone.

SO... i immediately called my buddy and asked “you’re sure you don’t want to sell it?!”. He of course said “not for sale”, and i then called MF and placed an order for a Stage unit. I’ll be working with it through next week, and then it will hit the road with me for some good old fashioned road shows. (I have a sneaking suspicion I’ll also be getting a rack unit for the studio).

Anyways - glad to be part of the community . Look forward to learning the ins and outs of this thing, and most of all, making some music . Cheers. MBR 8)

• Hi and welcome to the family.

Interesting but not so suprising story for me ;) Look around who is using a kemper in the business. Even Pat Metheny and Mark Knopfler do at their gigs! ;)

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Hi @MBR2019... and welcome.

Axe-Fx 2 user here. Bought my KPR Stage after the FM3 was announced (was expecting and AX9 like many others?). Since I have the stage I found myself less tweaking and more playing (my fault, not Fractal's). One thing that I really, really like about the Stage is that I don't have to worry about levelling out the volume (Clean vs Dist)!

Still keeping my Axe-Fx 2 for now though.

• Welcome - exactly like my experience years ago. (Using the Ultra and AxeII at that time).

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de