Modifying DeArmond 610 volume/tone pedal into dual expression for KPA - any tips?

• Hey all,

I was given a DeArmond 610 volume/tone pedal a while back, and it's in pretty rough shape, but it does operate. Here's what the pedal does:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The usual forward/backward axis controls volume, and the left/right swivel controls tone.

As luck would have it, I got a great deal on a fully operational 610 in good condition, so now I want to modify the "beater" 610 to function as a dual expression pedal for the Kemper. I'm thinking I could use the forward/backward axis for volume and the left/right axis for Morph.

I'll need to replace the TS jacks with TRS and wire each to its respective pot. I'm looking for advice about what value and taper pots to get. This pedal uses the tooth & gear treadle setup, like a Crybaby, not a string...so I believe the pots will never rotate fully. I'll have to make do with the range I get, which can of course then be calibrated in the Kemper.

Thanks!