SOLVED: Resetting effect state of actual performance with one step on rig button possible?

• Hello everyone :)

i recently purchased the kemper stage. Here is an example for my "problem":

I am in Performance-Mode. Rig 1, no effects are switched on. Now its time for a solo, so I switch on the following 4 effects:

Boost, Delay, Phaser, Reverb.

When the solo is finished, I want to switch back to the "pure" Rig 1-Sound (no effects activated), with only one step on the same Rig-1 footswitch.

--> I don`t want to step on each single effect-footswitch buttons to turn them off one by one.

Is there any possibility to achieve that?

The reason for my question is: I am the only guitarist in the band - so I play rhythm AND solo guitar - and want to be back to the rhythm parts as quickly as possible.

I unfortunately didn't find anything on this topic here in the forum.

Thank you in advance for your help :thumbup:

B

• Hey Andy, thank you for your quick answer!

Your solution is an option, but perhaps more of a workaround, isn't it?

(Because: All the effects are still active but they don't send any "wet" effect-sound out)

I was looking for a solution where all of the effects are bypassed (switched off)... 8)

• Hey all, thanks for your answers!

d9a0bc9f02e6e05b550ffd49cb1883d12789e997: I need all 5 Performance Buttons for my different amp-Sounds (1= Clean, 2=soft crunch, 3=crunch, 4=distortion, 5=solo), so that unfortunately doesnt work for me :(

Wheresthedug: That would be a nice solution, but i want to have the option, to switch all effects indipendently. The reason for this is: Sometimes, i start a solo without a delay sound and switch it on in the middle of the solo, to make it more interesting for the listener... so that is unfortunately not working for me either :(

Oh boy...

• I'm not aware of any method with the Remote, nor really with any switching system that will do what you're asking with the parameters you've set down.

In my mind, if you're playing a lead....you have a lead sound and that sounds sucks for rhythm. Maybe the solo starts without one or more of the effects you've mentioned. But at its core, the lead sound already sticks out. When the solo ends....I can't think if an instance currently where I'd keep that same sound. Even without added effects. It still sticks out because that's how it's built.

So, I step on a new slot and all the amp, cab, EQ and effects are reset for a rhythm sound.

Also, let's face it. Not every song is going to need 5 sounds. Some performances I have saved use only two slots. This past weekend I had 4 sounds set for one song. I ended up only using two (and one of those for just 8 bars) and that song got the best reaction of the set. It's rare (at least for me) to need all 5 slots in one song.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche