Stage: about the Ventilation Grill

• Hello.

When you place the Stage on a carpet floor or in a carpeted case, because of the Stage's weight and the carpet's softness, maybe the Ventilation Grill gets too close to the floor.

What do you think?

Official information on this would be very valuable.:)

I recently got a pedalboard case and I don't know if I should remove the carpet under the grill. And if I return the case, I'm worried about those carpeted stages.

Thank you!

• I sent a message to support and immediately had this answer:

Dear Jorge Casanas,

this grill has a purpose and should stay open. If this ventilation is critical depends on factors like room temperature and how you use the product.

With best regards, Burkhard Dinnies

Kemper Amps Support Team

• Would be nice to get an official answer to this. It is a ‘Stage’ unit after all so should be expected to be used mounted on a pedalboard.

I disagree. If you're using it as your all-in-one, there's no reason to put it on a pedalboard. Even if you're using some outboard gear, you wouldn't necessarily want/need to mount it to something.

If the carpet it sits on is deep enough to cover the vents, something as basic as a piece of cardboard cut to size (or plywood, plastic...whatever).

This under each foot would also prevent it from sinking in:

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I have to disagree with you too, especially as you have no idea what my gig/festival needs are.

It does need to be mounted and has been with no problems since I posted 4 months ago.

Thanks for the update though.

• I had been using the Temple Audio Duo 34 but I have since stopped using the pedal board now that I have figured out how to get a good wah tone. If you do need to use a pedal board though the Temp Audio boards will not block the vent as long as you dont put their mounting plate over it.

I am enjoying the smaller footprint now, Even have my Duo 34 up for sale now.

• I have to disagree with you too, especially as you have no idea what my gig/festival needs are.

It does need to be mounted and has been with no problems since I posted 4 months ago.

Thanks for the update though.

Hence my use of the word 'necessarily'. Your comment suggested it 'should' be mounted to a board, which isn't the case for all situations.

*Of course* I don't know your specific situation. Sheesh.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• My „Ventilationgrill“ looks different to the others that I have seen on the web. Sorry for my bad English, but I don’t know how to describe it. my grill looks like a lot of small wholes. Not like the pictures with long wholes... did Kemper redesign the stage? How can I check the production date of a Kemper? Maybe some other things have been improved... like the Buttons?!

• There you can see my ventilation-solution.
    Pedaltrain Novo boards are perfect for this „problem“. Using 3M Duallock that I can screw in the wholes of the Stage-feet (I think they were mentioned in this forum). Thinking about getting a smaller Novo for the smaller gigs. But right now, this is perfect for me.