Live gig sound: to FRFR or not to FRFR....that is the question...

• GLiDE-BPM - my wife would gut me from crotch to eyeball with a dull deer antler if I spewed enough cash for the Gemini after buying this expensive toy! LOL!

Sometimes I just use the sound on my JBL EON615 sidefill monitors and don't use dedicated FRFR at all. They are economical and sound almost add awesome as my Gemini 2! I keep getting more lazy and piping more guitar into them. They are on poles pointing toward us on stage. They get pretty freaking loud if you need that to feel more like the air pushed by a cab on stage. It's more simulated because up on a pole about face level, you don't need a ton of volume to pound your head into the wall.

I call it a more simulated amp feel. An EON615 has plenty of power to go on the floor and still make your ears bleed. The combination of that 15" and that horn do a great job for guitar, especially compared to some other 15" plus horn boxes.

I actually build my presets using a cranked EON615 at the house. They sound great on the Gemini 2 as well, so I just keep building using the EON615.

You can find EON615's for $500 and less. Check Proaudiostar. They even have used for $299.

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• This is a pertinent post for me - finally made the switch to kemper after some years of using a fender supersonic or a boogie mkv - i love the amps, but wanted to avoid back pain...

Using 112 headrush, and i suppose trying to replicate an amp stage setup. Loving the amp models, and enjoying the complete lack of noise/static/interference, but hating the headrush rn. Gigged last night with a vox212 cab, and was startled by how much better it felt to play - a placebo i am sure, but nonetheless a much easier gig. Now in a quandry (these first world problems will be end of me!). I guess i need to keep playing about with setup, but its certainly a steep learning curve!

• I must be a complete freak but for 30+ years of gigging I always hated a traditional cab on stage and would have killed for a better monitor solution. Now I can have IEM and/or FRFR pointed at my head so I can actually hear myself clearly I don’t miss my Boogie cabs at all. ?

Gigged on Sat night and had great IEM mix....but still pulled them out for a bit to hear the crowd and get some interaction...I don't miss my 4 x12 at all though...

• After working at rehearsal and at home with the Headrush FRFR 112, and after some intense "research," I decided to send the Headrush back (thanks, great guys at Sweetwater!) and I went and bought the Laney FR 112. Played the holy crap out of it last night at rehearsal without tweaking any of my profiles, and my bandmates immediately though it was so much better, as did I. Night and day, actually. Gigging with the Kemper for the first time Saturday, I will post how it went...

• After working at rehearsal and at home with the Headrush FRFR 112, and after some intense "research," I decided to send the Headrush back (thanks, great guys at Sweetwater!) and I went and bought the Laney FR 112. Played the holy crap out of it last night at rehearsal without tweaking any of my profiles, and my bandmates immediately though it was so much better, as did I. Night and day, actually. Gigging with the Kemper for the first time Saturday, I will post how it went...

Glad you found what you like!

Break a leg!:)8)