Headrush FRFR-112 VS Headrush FRFR-108 - Is the 112 worth the xtra $100.00

• I'm looking for a cheap light weight FRFR solution to transport easily for practice and jam sessions. I have a Mission Engineering Gemini 2 that I use for Live but it weighs almost 70LBS so I would like something easier that I can just grab and go. Has anyone had experience with both of these and could give me an idea if the 112 is that much better, or have another inexpensive suggestion? I was thinking I could use it to double as a vocal monitor for some gigs also.

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

• Not sure about the 108, but I have the 112 and it sounds great. It can even handle bass gigs with no problem. It's pretty lightweight for as big as it sounds!

Maybe you could order the 108 and return it if it doesn't meet your needs?

• Xitone 1x12 MBritt open/closed back convertible I have is good sounding and loud.

Line 6 Powercab Plus 1x12 I have is lighter and good.

A lot of nights I run into my sidefill monitors on poles which are JBL EON615's. They sound excellent and are plenty loud.

I also have and use the very heavy Gemini 2 that sounds great for reference.

All 4 of the above are good and viable solutions in my experience with them.

I am a Profile Whore... Sometimes a Recovering Profile Whore...
    but mostly a Complete and Utter Profile Whore... I want them all... aCk!!! 8|:love:

• Check out Ingolfs thread on the headrush 108. He is a big fan of the speaker. There are many interesting comments on that thread. I myself have the Headrush frfr112 and the AltoTS312. They are both stand mounted and sound great with my Kemper Toaster.

• A couple of 108s in stereo seems to be the magic ticket these days.

For the price, it is very hard to beat!

I have 2 Friedman 10" FRFRs and love them more than anything I have tried to date.

I like that Laney unit as well.

• I bought the Headrush 108 so I'll report back when I get a chance to try it, I really like the Mission Gemini 2 but I wanted another lighter option for practice or jams.

• I have both. Definitely prefer the 112 although it's quite heavier than its smaller brother.

At home I use two 112's in a stereo setup on speaker stands at ear level, sounds amazing. I initially bought the 108 as a personal monitor to take to gigs when I don't have my own wedge or when there's no capable engineer so that I don't rely on anybody else to hear myself. However one time I replaced the 108 with the 112 just to feel the difference, and since then I always take one of the 112's with me to gigs.

To my ears the 108 tries to sound like the 112 but does not always succeed in doing so. It tries to sound somewhat larger than itself, hard to explain. The 112 sounds very powerful, very pristine with a very clear and natural representation of the sound spectrum. I don't really use my 108 anymore to be honest.

• Thanks for your feedback guys, I am really looking for something that I can use as a practice FRFR in a small room, since I have got a DXR12 for gigs.

Sounds like FRFR-108 would be a good idea...

• I received my 108 and tried it with a Headrush Pedalboard - the first attempt it sounded like it had too much bass, the second time I tried a few different presets and it made a big difference. It seems loud enough to compete with bass and drums and it is very light and compact. I think for practice and home use it works perfectly. I would definitely use it to gig with in a pinch but it really can't compete with the Mission Gemini 2. After I test it with my Kemper Stage I will report back. I plan on keeping it and I might even get another one to run in stereo - but that is probably overkill for what I am using it for. I plan on using it as a monitor in the future too.

• I finally got a chance to test the 108 with my Kemper Stage and I am very happy with it's performance. It has plenty of head room and sounds bigger than it is. For the money I don't think you can go wrong with this speaker. - On a side note the Kemper sounds better through it than my Headrush Pedalboard.

Edited once, last by sstauffer ().

• I have the 108 and really like it, but I don't use it with my Kemper.

I bought the 108 to use as a lightweight and easily maneuverable speaker to use with my Line 6 HX Stomp. I can put a surge suppressor, guitar strap, the 108, the HX Stomp and a few cans of beer in a backpack and carry my guitar in one hand, leaving a free hand.

LOVE it!

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago