Use a stereo cabinet and a main outs all at the same time while running stereo effect loop ?

• I´m running my new Kemper with my old strymond external pedals using the direct output send and the return input and the alternative input for the stereo retun. Whit these running, i want to send from the Main out XLR to the FOH mixer and have a stereo cab in the stage or in the studio. The MIMIC 212 from the Blue amps. How can i do these? .. cause the monitor output is in mono. Can i use the Main out XLRs and Jacks at the same time?

Some ideas?

Thanks for help

• I'm assuming your stereo cab is powered or you have an external power amp.

I wouldn't suggest to use the XLR and the TS outputs simultaneously. Electrically there is no issue, but you wouldn't be able to control your signals for FOH and stage speakers separately - not a good idea. You could consider using the HEADPHONE OUT instead. It's fixed signal source is Master Stereo, which is also the default signal source of the MAIN OUTPUT. But first I would challenge, if these external pedals are even needed, since the PROFILER offers a wide range of first class reverb and delay effects. Don't make your setup more complicated than really required!

Just to avoid model confusion: The PROFILER Stage offers more outputs than classical PROFILER models and allows simultaneous use of a stereo MONITOR OUTPUT, stereo MAIN OUTPUT plus a stereo loop - and a stereo HEADPHONE OUT as well.

• I'm assuming your stereo cab is powered or you have an external power amp.

I wouldn't suggest to use the XLR and the TS outputs simultaneously. Electrically there is no issue, but you wouldn't be able to control your signals for FOH and stage speakers separately - not a good idea. You could consider using the HEADPHONE OUT instead. It's fixed signal source is Master Stereo, which is also the default signal source of the MAIN OUTPUT. But first I would challenge, if these external pedals are even needed, since the PROFILER offers a wide range of first class reverb and delay effects. Don't make your setup more complicated than really required!

Just to avoid model confusion: The PROFILER Stage offers more outputs than classical PROFILER models and allows simultaneous use of a stereo MONITOR OUTPUT, stereo MAIN OUTPUT plus a stereo loop - and a stereo HEADPHONE OUT as well.

Thank for your help Burkhard! Is clear now. Anyway my my powered stereo cab (i don´t have it now i´m gonig to buy it) it have a vol pot, so i can controll from there different level. I´m thinkiong in the Mimic 212 from Blue Amp, i really heard good thing about it. If you know others, please tell me.

I´m pretty new in the kemper. I buy a Kemper toaster a week ago, the not powered version. So i´m still using my old Compressors , OD and Fuzz pedals and the strymonds time line and big sky. I have also a infinity looper. I´m using the midi controller Boss ES-8 to controll all the effects parameters (mix, decay, tone, feedback, bosst etc of the strymond pedals) and also my computer with ableton live to trigger backing tracks in live situation. Ableton is also the midi master clock. So, my idea is to keep the Boss ES-8 to controll the ableton and the Kemper but i don´t know if i can controll all the paremeters of the Kemper effects via midi and if the OD and fuzz effects are good in off in the kemper. Which pedals you recomend me to keep and whitch to take out? This is my actuall pedalboard. Tell me your impressions..

Thanks

• You will need to keep the looper as the Kemper looper os more of a toy really. It is great for auditioning profiles and for sending a phrase to an amp when setting up mic positions for making new profiles but it is pretty limited as a live tool.

I don’t use any other pedals with my Kemper toaster though. I have an old pedal board with a Strymon Mobius and Timeline aling with a TC Hall of Fame reverb, Fulltone Full-Drive 2, a fuzz, MXR Distortion, Cali 76 Compressor, Whammy DT and Dunlop Wah. All controlled from an RJM Mastermind PBC. However, I haven’t even taken the lid off the case in well over a year now.

Rather than taking anyone else's advice about pedals, i would strongly recommend doing a simple A/B test with each of your existing pedals against the Kemper FX. If you can get as good a sound or close to as good for your own ears then make your life easier and ditch the external pedal. You will be pleasantly surprised by the Kemper Delays and Reverbs. The OD might not be right for you but in my case they are close enough that simplicity outweighs any marginal tonal difference. The Kemper Wah and Transpose Pedal are easily as good as my Dunlop and Whammy to my ears bit many others feel strongly the other way so make your own mind up.

The only pedal from my old rig that I miss is the Cali 76 Compressor as the Kemper Compressor is OK but doesn’t introduce the unique character of something like the Cali 76. The Kemper is more transparent

If thats what you want then the Kemper compressor is good enough to not ned an external pedal either.

• Thanks a lot Alan, so what im going to star to do is create a double bank for each song in the Boss ES-8 (one for the Kemper +pedals as i have now and other for only the Boss and Kemper) and start to compare one to other. The only thing is if i can controll the the Kemper delays and reverbs parameteres (mix decay feddback tone etc) from the exp to the Bokk ant to the Kemper via midi.