Name of amp is not modified when amp is changed in Performance

• If I change the amp in any Slot in Performance-Mode (holding Amp- and Cabinet-Button) the name of Amp and Cabinet will be changed. The name is not changed. It would be good, if the name of the original Profil would be the name of the Amp in the slot.
    Has anyone a solution?

I know that I can change the name in RM. But I don't want to manage these in RM. There must be a solution in KemperStage.

• I

If I change the amp in any Slot in Performance-Mode (holding Amp- and Cabinet-Button) the name of Amp and Cabinet will be changed. The name is not changed. It would be good, if the name of the original Profil would be the name of the Amp in the slot.
    Has anyone a solution?

I know that I can change the name in RM. But I don't want to manage these in RM. There must be a solution in KemperStage.

I ran into this as well but I was using the copy and paste option, sometimes it changes the name and sometimes it doesn't. I guess it depends on what kind of mood it is in.

“I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.”

Dave Lee Roth of Van Halen - 1979

• I have come across this too. I am staying far away from RM at the moment so that is not an option to edit and correct these things. Read a few post about disappearing rigs and weird stuff happening to Performances in Rig Manager. Will wait until it is stable. Had some of my profiled Rigs go missing too but fortunately have them still in some performances I made with them.

Will just stick to editing and managing things on the Stage itself for the time being but this problem of Performance slots not displaying the correct amp name is confusing.

• Slot names are not Amp names but Rig names.

The slot name changes with the Rig name as long as it has not been renamed.

You can set the Slot name to Rig name when you‘re editing rhe Slot name.

• There is a logic to it on the Toaster and Rack. i presume the Stage should be the same although it wouldn’t surprise me if there is a bug at the moment.

The basic rule is that the amp name should change if the slot hasn’t been renamed manually. Once it is renamed, then any future amp changes don’t change the slot name. So if you want slots to be named after the amp don’t rename them. However, if you want slots to be called something like Verse, Chorus etc then Kemper assumes you don’t want to have to re type this every time you change profile. That’s the basic logic anyway. I haven’t checked recently to see if it is actually working with the latest OS though.

• Slot names are not Amp names but Rig names.

The slot name changes with the Rig name as long as it has not been renamed.

You can set the Slot name to Rig name when you‘re editing rhe Slot name.

Well, in that case, the Rig names are not updating then. I went through my Performances and decided to change the main gain amp in them from my profiled Mesa Mk3 to a Marshall profile I bought.
    They all still say Mesa Mk3 after pasting the Marshall amp into the Performance slots.
    So, what is the correct procedure? I would have assumed copy and paste would update the amp name too. If not, what is the reasoning behind it?

• So, if I just press ‘Use Rig Name’, it will use amps correct name?

It was even doing this on a brand new empty Performance that I programmed in. I copied a Marshall profile from one of my other Perfirmances where the Marshall had replaced the Mesa and it still called it a Mesa wen pasted into the new slot.

• So, if I just press ‘Use Rig Name’, it will use amps correct name?

It was even doing this on a brand new empty Performance that I programmed in. I copied a Marshall profile from one of my other Perfirmances where the Marshall had replaced the Mesa and it still called it a Mesa wen pasted into the new slot.

If you paste a profile into the amp stack module of an existing rig it will not change the name of the rig. The profile name and the rig name are two different things. If you load a whole new rig the slot name is automatically updated unless the slot name has been edited by the user (intro, solo, verse etc) In the later case you need to use the "Use rig name" function to paste the rig name into the slot name.

• If you paste a profile into the amp stack module of an existing rig it will not change the name of the rig. The profile name and the rig name are two different things. If you load a whole new rig the slot name is automatically updated unless the slot name has been edited by the user (intro, solo, verse etc) In the later case you need to use the "Use rig name" function to paste the rig name into the slot name.

Thank you. Will mess around with it and see what I have been doing wrong.

My problem has been that because the Marshall profile I have started using is now named as a Mesa, I don’t know the original name of the profile that was used so I am pasting it from the Performance that it is used in but where it has the wrong name.

Thanks for the reply.

• I don't mean the slot name. I mean the amp name. In the green field the slot name is shown. Next line the name of the rig/profile, which has been put to the slot. Next line the amp name. When you change the amp as describe in my first post the name doesn't change to the choosen profile.

• If you just change an amp, while the Rig as such stays the same, the amp tags immediately reflect that change. You find these in Rig Settings. You also see the amp name, when you open the stack section or on the home screen, if you sort by amp/cab name. The Rig Name stays as the Rig hasn't changed. So does the Slot Name.

What might cause the confusion here is, that Rig Manager in Performance Mode doesn't reflect the new amp name immediately. You need to store the Performance to make Rig Manager update those tags.

The same applies to the cabinet or the whole stack section.