New rig: a highly-modified Marshall Class 5. Will make your Plexi jealous....

• My second profile posted: https://www.kemper-amps.com/ri…load/c5yHTTWMuYQPoIEqTAiQ

I'm really pleased with this one. As saved, it's right on the edge of breakup, such that you can play soft and clean or dig into it for throaty snarl. Tweaking the Gain up keeps it crunch; rolling it back brings out the midrangey OD. I loaded it with some useful FX: compressor, Tube Screamer, DS One, Phaser, and post-stack Rotary Speaker, Chorus, Delay, Reverb. All are off by default, except the compressor. It's great with or w/o the compressor, which I was pleased with.

This is a highly-modified Marshall Class 5 combo - essentially all of the internet'd mods, plus a few more my guy came up with. Used here as a head, driving a 12" greenback in a custom close-back cab. I just replaced the tubes: TungSol 12AX7's for the pre and a JJ EL844 in the power section. The 844 is a 84 with 25% *less* headroom, so mo' crunchitude earlier. There is no Master Volume on this amp, so I profiled with the Volume and tone stack dimed. (I tried lower settings, but ultimately I didn't find them necessary.)

mic1: sm57:

preamp: UAD Neve 1073, Gain: -25db, EQ: out (none)

position:

x: 3.5” from right side of speaker

y: center

z: 0.5” from grill

mic2: U87 clone, -10db pad

preamp: UAD Neve 1073 Gain: -20db, EQ: out (none)

position:

x: 3.5” from left side of speaker

y: center

z: 0.5” from grill

Please check it out and lemme know what you think - and suggestions welcome!

-- jdm

• Thanks back!

I feel I should make some sample clips using profiles I upload, so others can at least tell what *I* heard, esp. should it sound bad to them. 'Twould be great if Rig Manager had a Links field for such things - as well as a lot more space for detailed descriptions about the amp used *and its settings*, mics used, preamp used and settings, etc. The current fields are miniscule and most don't allow punctuation.

Pls lemme know what you think of the profiles. As you know, the current state of profiling is all about trial-and-error.

• 'Twould...

Finally someone who knows how to use apostrophes. Rare in this day and age. :thumbup:

Pls lemme know what you think of the profiles. As you know, the current state of profiling is all about trial-and-error.

I'm not able to audition anything, and probably not for a while yet mate. Hopefully others will let you know how they go after playin' 'em.

• Really Liked this guy- turned the verb down a bit for my taste and turned delay off- jammed for over an hour! Damn nice tone!

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user