Stage losing Day/Time when power disconnected

• There is a new firmware version on it's way. This new version mainly has a fix for Stages which don't start up at all (which was reproduce-able with a RMA unit over here) This version could also fix the date/clock problems (which still isn't reproduce-able here). I'll check with support and ask where and when the version is available in the pipe-line.

• There is a new firmware version on it's way. This new version mainly has a fix for Stages which don't start up at all (which was reproduce-able with a RMA unit over here) This version could also fix the date/clock problems (which still isn't reproduce-able here). I'll check with support and ask where and when the version is available in the pipe-line.

Hi, is there any chance to challenge/face an electrical damage due the problems whic comes up on 7.1.3 and the "software" powering up function? Could you please provide 7.1.2 kaos file? I want to go back one step.

When I plug the AC cord on my Stage; Effect IIII led blinks one time, looks like these leds are hitted by energy passing thru the software power switch, I'm just thinking loud wishing it is only related to software and not with hardware compromised

• firmware on the KPA can not damage the hardware in any way

I'll send you a link for 7.1.4.SVN15448 per PM

to all others: if you're interested in testing out that version as well, please drop me a message.

• This issue may also relate to what setup/settings you have or even amount of profiles... This may explain why kemper can not reproduce this and why someone’s unit still fires up even it should not.

Meaning that timing of boot up and initializing stuff varies. Potentially a nasty one to fix.

• My unit is on 7.1.13 and still boots when plugged in and the clock error happens every time I turn it on. This by the way, is my third Stage after the first two had faulty foot switches. I love my Stage, but I am so sick of all of the problems with it!

• firmware on the KPA can not damage the hardware in any way

I'll send you a link for 7.1.4.SVN15448 per PM

to all others: if you're interested in testing out that version as well, please drop me a message.

Hi, bad news, clock error persist but I found something interesting in 7.1.4.15448B

We already know that the Stage when we push and hold Power button to shutdown the unit, it keeps the power button led on, it means that the standby mode is ON right? Then if we turn it on; the clock keeps the right setup and no error appears, however if we unplug AC cord from the unit while this is in standby mode (after push and hold power button) the power button led keeps ON for 2 seconds and then it goes off... it means that the shutdown routine is complete, is it right? Then, If we plug the AC cord again the power button led goes ON (it means that the standby mode is ready right?), so we push that button and the unit starts boot routine, then Clock error appears....

let me tell you something: if you unplug the AC cord while the unit is ON and working and then you plug it again; the unit starts boot routine automatically (without pushing power button) and guess what? In this scenario the clock error does not appears, boot routine is faster and the unit keeps the clock information... what’s it means? This way I skip the standby función/block code and the unit works Well... pls check shutdown and standby code, the bug is there... (cross fingers)

• Hi, bad news, clock error persist but I found something interesting in 7.1.4.15448B

We already know that the Stage when we push and hold Power button to shutdown the unit, it keeps the power button led on, it means that the standby mode is ON right? Then if we turn it on; the clock keeps the right setup and no error appears, however if we unplug AC cord from the unit while this is in standby mode (after push and hold power button) the power button led keeps ON for 2 seconds and then it goes off... it means that the shutdown routine is complete, is it right? Then, If we plug the AC cord again the power button led goes ON (it means that the standby mode is ready right?), so we push that button and the unit starts boot routine, then Clock error appears....

let me tell you something: if you unplug the AC cord while the unit is ON and working and then you plug it again; the unit starts boot routine automatically (without pushing power button) and guess what? In this scenario the clock error does not appears, boot routine is faster and the unit keeps the clock information... what’s it means? This way I skip the standby función/block code and the unit works Well... pls check shutdown and standby code, the bug is there... (cross fingers)

Same here, please Kemper don't ruin your product with this stupid issue ?

• Installed FW 7.1.4

It does not fix the data/time issue.

Ie. for example (just like before)

- set time and date

- power down Stage

- unplug from maions

- wait for the power light to go off

- plug in the mains

- power on

-> Stage displays a clock error

• FW 7.1.4 is mainly addressing boot problems with some Stages. The clock issue *may* be related to it, and *maybe* not.

your scenario:

is exact the same as described by AlexVaca .. this is actually a good hint I think.

unfortunately none of the multiple test-units over here shows that behaviour. We're waiting for some more units to arrive here in order to be able to reproduce it. Indeed at this moment it looks like the problem has started to occur right at the time that the feature 'Stage-remembers-standby-state' was implemented.

• Do you have other than stock profiles in these units? What if you add say some 200-300 profiles? And some also to performance side. Does number of profiles in browser or performance have any impact to how unit boots up?

• I think it might be fixed for me after installing 7.1.4.

For me, the clock error would display on every boot even with Stage plugged into the mains.

After updating to 7.1.4, I filmed this video:

I booted it with the usb connected to it and my mac: no error

I booted it with usb disconnected: no error

I unplugged and replugged into the mains: no error.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• When you unplug AC cord, wait 4 or 5 seconds till power led button goes off and try again pls

• wow.. that's very interesting!

7.1.2 has severe other problems (mainly when using RigManager), so I'll provide a test version of 7.1.4 for you with the relevant changes regarding boot & clock reverted to 7.1.2 state