Stage losing Day/Time when power disconnected

• Update:

Yesterday I turned my Stage on and off and unplugged it multiple times and the clock was fine every time.

Today with it plugged in since I last used it, I power it on and the clock error is back.

Nothing else has changed since yesterday!

• wow.. that's very interesting!

7.1.2 has severe other problems (mainly when using RigManager), so I'll provide a test version of 7.1.4 for you with the relevant changes regarding boot & clock reverted to 7.1.2 state

Not sure why you saying "wow.. that's very interesting!"...it seems this problem started with 7.1.3. Didn't have this issues with 7.1.2.

• I just updated to new 7.1.4. and there was no help to my unit. Still looses date and time just like before.

And not only that... The whole thing completely froze while playing with band today. There was "about" the latest rig sound hearable and then some strange wobble "tremolo" on top of that (there is no tremolo block set in that rig...), really terrible. None of the buttons worked, so AC chord out and back. Booted up but again date/time lost etc. and I had to go, so do not know if it worked again. Probably it does - for awhile at least.

I start to loose my nerves with this thing... Maybe there is something wrong with this unit.

I suppose the "toaster" and rack versions are more reliable as a lot of people are gigging with those?? Maybe I should negotiate with Kemper and get this "stage" version returned and switch to "toaster"/rack + remote combination.

This has all the time been so unreliable that I do not know if I ever can really use this...

Edited once, last by AiAKpr ().

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is what I just experienced on 7.1.4.

I am rolling back to 7.1.2 to see if that helps

• Hallo, developers !!! ?

You don’t see how we pay big money and you crap with your new product !!!

We, who bought the Kamper Stage .. ????
    We are very close to massively bringing back what we cannot work with.

THIS IS OUR NERVE , TEARS AND OUR TIME.

AND OUR DISAPPOINTMENT !!!

Please, do something ...

Kemper Profile Amp - Kemper remote , Kemper Stage

2 beer or not 2 beer :thumbup:
    Mr. Serge

• hello user!!! ( mrserge)

you could try to be constructive and helpfull in stead of the opposite ...

what version are you using now?

please:

- update to 7.1.4 and check if the problem exist in that version

- downgrade to 7.1.2 and check if the problem disappears in that version

- report back

• Not sure which user you are talking to. I was running the latest firmware 7.1.4 when what happened in the video happened both today and yesterday. I wasn't connected via usb, just playing through it.

I rolled back to 7.1.2 and so far I haven't experienced the failure again, but I don't know how to reproduce it so I can't tell that it can't happen on 7.1.2 just that I never experienced it before updating to 7.1.4.

• Hi, kpahuitsing , maybe the words of mrserge were not that friendly and I understand the pressure there BUT...

We customers have bought a device with expectation that it works. At least I was not expecting that we need to be part of the process of maturing it to the level that we could actually use it. Seems that there is not only one issue but something more, maybe even at the making process of this HW as there seems to so strange issues.

Therefore I’m kind of sceptic that there will be one silver bullet fixing this for all of us.

I have 2nd unit, some have 3rd unit etc. So definitely something that is not normal. I think we are not the only ones.

I’m not blaming You at all, and I just hope that management at Kemper would blow the whistle and start taking some actions. You being here in forum during the weekend is of cource a good customer service, thanks for that but I hope someone is doing something at the company level.

• OP here, I went back to 7.1.1 (7.1.2 was always problematic for me) and my Stage once again retains date/time settings when the mains cable is unplugged.

Thank you to the developers troubleshooting, it looks like there may be a couple different issues at play here across users, and I know that can be frustrating!

• I also have this issue with date and time. (running firmware 7.1.4 on Profiler Stage)

Where can I find older versions of the firmware???

• Down grading to firmware 7.1.2 did not help my Stage:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In fact, now it appears to be making this noise all the time.

• Down grading to firmware 7.1.2 did not help my Stage:

External Content youtu.be

In fact, now it appears to be making this noise all the time.

Are you going from your Guitar to the Stage or your signal is passing all your pedalboard?