SPDIF Ouput Kemper - AES/EBU Input Audio Interface

• I do not post a lot here, but read almost every thread in this forum. I am hoping that somebody has had the same requirement as I have. I could not find anything in the forum yet.

I am using a Dante Audio Interface with analog and digitial in/outputs. Unfortunately my digital inputs are all AES/EBU, I have no SPDIF in/outs. So I searched for a possibility to connect the Kemper SPDIF output to my digital AES/EBU Input of my interface. What I have found out so far is, that the impedance of the two technologies is different and I will need to convert my signal.

Researching the internet led me to the following setup which was also recommended by Thomann Germany:

Kemper -> 1x pro snake BNC to RCA Cable 2,0m -> 1x Neutrik NADIT BNC-M -> 1x pro snake 29012 AES/EBU Cable 0,5 -> Audio Interface

The Neutrik in the chain should convert the signal from 75Ohm SPDIF out to 110Ohm required for AES/EBU Input.

Unfortunately my audio interface gets no signal at all (Hardware meter on interface does not detect a signal) The interface is set to external clock from AES/EBU.

Has anybody ever tried such a setup? Is this electrically possible or do I need a real (other) converter which is very expensive? I thought that the only difference between SPDIF and AES/EBU is the impedance, but I am not really sure.

I already opened a support ticket, but the support was telling me that they do not know how to connect SPDIF to AES/EBU.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Christian

• I also just used an rca to XLR cable and it worked.

I did have issues though with my RME UFX not enjoying that the Kemper be the master clock. Once I went back to using the analog outs on the Kemper my issues went away.

These profiles go to 11!