Who thinks Kemper Stage is noisier than Rack/Toaster ?

• Hi, I also got my Kemper returned. New unit is much less noiser but when I touch browse button I also get this fizzy sound as on the previous unit. Is it something which is common? it does not disturb when playing, but is a very weird thing to me...

• Yep, I get a "fizz" / "crackle" whenever I touch any of the switches, knobs or buttons on my Stage.... Annoying, although only noticeable when I make a switch at a quiet moment, but it's definitely there.

• We keep talking about "noise" but I see zero talk about a noise-gate, except from the big boss himself.

So are you guys using the noise-gate or not?

If so, which one? Input? Output? as an effect? What level?

• I use input at 3-4 depending on time of the day.

But the topic included also noise from browse buttons. It was important for me to check that my new unit is also not having grounding issues.

• I have a Rack and Stage , both sound the same...no noise. If you hear noise on high gain profiles, it was most likely there when profiled. Any high tube amp that I have ever played turned up definitely is noisy. That’s just the way they are, that is why people use noise gates. You would not want the noise gate turned on during profiling, so it needs to be added in after.

my 2 cents

• Yep, definitely button presses cause the crackling.... Nothing to do with noise gate, I have input gate at 5. Then inserted a gate stomp in position A, set this one to 7... Still a fizzy crackle when any parameter is changed... Even turning the tuner on / off.

• Yep, definitely button presses cause the crackling.... Nothing to do with noise gate, I have input gate at 5. Then inserted a gate stomp in position A, set this one to 7... Still a fizzy crackle when any parameter is changed... Even turning the tuner on / off.

I think this is because this button is touch sensitive...I am sure somthing to do with that

• We keep talking about "noise" but I see zero talk about a noise-gate, except from the big boss himself.

So are you guys using the noise-gate or not?

If so, which one? Input? Output? as an effect? What level?

There was a significant difference with the Stage and Rack with an high gain amp profile.

With noise gate at 0, because you don't need to with the Rack/Toaster.

I quit this thing already long time ago.