Is there any reason for Upgrade to Version 7

• Hello to all KPA experts,

I'm a bit afraid to upgrade to Version 7.

I tried Version 7.12 and

I tapped in to multiple issues right away after upgrade.

I got 2 times KPA- Crashes on one day when editing Perfomances with RM when I tried to store it on KPA.

Also some MIDI stuff was also not working as before (eg. MIDI Thru )

So I'm back at Version 6 right now.

So my question is:

Is there any list of known issues that can help me to weight the risk of using Version 7 ?

I'm a KPA - Rack user for 3 Years and I don't see any advantages/benefits to go for Version 7 right now.

Is there any reason to Upgrade right now?

THX a lot

Be the force with you ;)

• The new management is killer.

OS 7 will be required for the forthcoming editor..

7.1.3 was upgraded to release level.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I'm still on version 6 as well with my unpowered rack KPA. Although I am not really afraid to upgrade I don't do it as there is not much reason so far. And the old saying of "never touch a running system" is still true 8o

To my understanding the greatest advantages with 7.X for me would be improved accessibility of parameters and settings as well as naturally the upcoming editor. So far I am still very happy with the wonderful ToastME editor done by DamianGreda. Once a more significant topic in 7.X would come up I certainly would think more about an upgrade. And from all what I recognize there is some noise here in the forum on issues but the Kemper team always takes care very quickly. Like their approach very much :thumbup:

• I'm still on version 6 as well with my unpowered rack KPA. Although I am not really afraid to upgrade I don't do it as there is not much reason so far. And the old saying of "never touch a running system" is still true 8o

To my understanding the greatest advantages with 7.X for me would be improved accessibility of parameters and settings as well as naturally the upcoming editor. So far I am still very happy with the wonderful ToastME editor done by DamianGreda. Once a more significant topic in 7.X would come up I certainly would think more about an upgrade. And from all what I recognize there is some noise here in the forum on issues but the Kemper team always takes care very quickly. Like their approach very much :thumbup:

THX,
    so I will stay at Version 6 as long as I can !

I'm not that big "sound tinkerer" so I don't need an editor.

I bought the KPA as an Amp replacement having "different Amps in a Box" solution.

What i see, right now is putting more and more tunables / explore options into the KPA and loosing reliability and professionalism.

Be the force with you ;)

• 7.x does seem a lot more unstable than latest 6.x though. Even release versions. I'm waiting as well.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Imo, if you use RM alot, fw 6.xx was probably more stable than 7.xx is on average atm.

I don't use RM at all, and have been gigging on the 7.12 beta for ages (haven't seen a need to upgraded past that). If you like to tinker with effects etc though, the stomp/effect selection screen is way better on 7.xx and probably worth the change.

• I upgraded to the latest version with my Stage without any problems8)

How many hours have you used it? Played any gigs? Have you used rig manager?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Well, I found my sounds and Performances.

They worked during a lot of gigs.

No real need for a new preset management.

It's nice but not a must have, for me.

For me, a device with a stable software

is more important.

So I will stay on FW 6.