MP3 in - what’s the secret?

• I apologize if this has been asked before - searched and couldn’t find a good answer and the manual wasn’t really as clear (unless it’s just me).

I’m wanting to play along with some backing tracks for practice - according to the manual for my Kemper Stage... I need a patch cable with 2 TS outs to plug into the return 1/2. I had that plugged into my iPad, set up the effects loop and then adjusted the audio. Here’s the odd thing... I had sound, but the backing was only playing the left side of the stereo (can tell because the track had some hard panned guitar parts R/L) field although it played through both my headphone speakers.

Hopefully that makes sense - what am I doing wrong? I‘ve read where others use a small mixer... is that really the best way? Seem’s overly complicated if that’s the case.

Thanks in advance!

• Hi!

Stupid question: Did you occupy the two correct entrances at the KPA?

Are the two (three) phone plugs plugged in correctly? Is the balance somewhere obstructed?

I'm not at home and guess something ...

Regards

Peter

• Hi,

It is the two upper return inputs that you should use on the Stage......we don't have the "Alternative Input" option.

The lead you need is a stereo jack one end, that splits into two single 6.35m mono jacks.

Hope this helps.

• I would suggest some kind mixer (big or small) to be able to control those different sources

ex in1-2 (Kemper) 3-4 (stereo backing track)

The idea to put everything trough the Kemper is too much I think.

Your mixer could be used for many other things too in the future jamming with a bassman or keyboard player etc

Paul:love: (goodadvice)