Profiler pacthes all messed up

• Not sure what happened. Everything was fine walked away for a bit and came back and my profiles are all messed up. The names and info on the patches/rigs are all correct but the tones are not at all. My overdriven lead tone is clean and the volume seem messed up. The volumes seem to be swelling a little as well. I went and did all around update and that did not help. My one overdrive Mesa patch sound like a trumpet or something.

Thanks for any help.

• Thanks for the help. This thing is a mess. All my overdriven rigs are clean. All my profile amps are clean and there is some odd volume swell thing it sounds like. Very annoying, not sure what is going on.

• I had something similar a while back and was nearly ready to throw everything out the wIndow. The root of the problem was Rig Manager in my case. When creating performances directly on the KPa everything works fine. When using Rig Manager to create performances it has been a total mess for some time. Fortunately RM 3 seems to be very close so hopefully those nightmares will soon be a thing of the past.

• Please check the bar representing the level of the Volume Pedal in System Settings page Pedal Links. The symptoms you describe could be explained by an open cable connected to one of the PEDAL sockets being configured for Volume Pedal. So, cable plugged into the PEDAL socket but no expression pedal being attached or switch instead of pedal being attached or pedal being defective. The PROFILER is trying so sense the pedal which leads to a fluctuation of volume at a low level. If Volume Pedal sits pre stack section, this lowers the gain.

• My one overdrive Mesa patch sound like a trumpet or something.

Sorry for your troubles but that is genuinely hilarious :).

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Please check the bar representing the level of the Volume Pedal in System Settings page Pedal Links. The symptoms you describe could be explained by an open cable connected to one of the PEDAL sockets being configured for Volume Pedal. So, cable plugged into the PEDAL socket but no expression pedal being attached or switch instead of pedal being attached or pedal being defective. The PROFILER is trying so sense the pedal which leads to a fluctuation of volume at a low level. If Volume Pedal sits pre stack section, this lowers the gain.

Hi Burkhard, i my case there are three pedals attached at all times. One Mission assigned to Wah, on Boss FV500 assigned to Morph and a Zoom assigned to Volume. I never change these and the cables are all OK. I don’t have any open cables attached to any inputs that aren’t being used But it always boots up at full volume even when the Volume pedal is set to 0. Once I move the pedal everything works as normal. It has worked this way for as long as I can remember.

• I have disconnected my wah pedal and changed the system

Please check the bar representing the level of the Volume Pedal in System Settings page Pedal Links. The symptoms you describe could be explained by an open cable connected to one of the PEDAL sockets being configured for Volume Pedal. So, cable plugged into the PEDAL socket but no expression pedal being attached or switch instead of pedal being attached or pedal being defective. The PROFILER is trying so sense the pedal which leads to a fluctuation of volume at a low level. If Volume Pedal sits pre stack section, this lowers the gain.

Didn't work, problem persists.

• I had something similar a while back and was nearly ready to throw everything out the wIndow. The root of the problem was Rig Manager in my case. When creating performances directly on the KPa everything works fine. When using Rig Manager to create performances it has been a total mess for some time. Fortunately RM 3 seems to be very close so hopefully those nightmares will soon be a thing of the past.

I just closed our RM from my PC and did a KPA reboot and it works now. Must be a RM issue from recent update.

• I would recommend everyone keeps a regular backup on a USB stick while so many major changes in software are going on. It should settle down after the editor and Rig Manager are completed.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7