Mission Engineering EP1-KP expression pedal + Stage (step by step setup guide)

• New to Kemper and looking for help. I’m trying to connect and setup EP1-KP expression pedal with Stage. Currently using TRS (STEREO) & TR (MONO) cables and managed to setup Volume and Wah only so far. Seems like the toe switch on my pedal doesn’t work?

Therefore, I believe Some things could have been done better, as I have no idea what I’m doing wrong even after completing RTFM phase with relevant chapter. If I understand correctly, TRS cable will let you control wah/volume and TR is a switch? Is there possibility use Volume, Morph, Wah, or Pitch in one rig having just one pedal? Would say yes, but how?

Would be fantastic, if someone more experienced could create a step by step guide on how to connect Stage and EP1-KP pedal starting with getting right cables, picking right inputs/outputs and getting through Stage setup to be able to switch in between Volume, Morph, Wah, or Pitch in one rig.

Appreciate your feedback!

• Set first pedal as Wah. Make sure the Type is correct. Most pedals are Type 1 but My Mission needed to be Type 2. If you have the wrong type set the pedal will do nothing for most of its travel then provide the full effect in a very short range at the end. If you get a nice smooth wah effect or volume swell you have the correct type.

Now set up a second pedal for the input the TS a s connected to. I have my wah in Stomp B so I set the second pedal function to Mono Switch, Toggle Stomp B. This turns the Wah on and off.

If you want to use the sa,e pedal for multiple functions you need to select the desired combination in the Wah > x. Checkboxes. Ie Wah > Volume, Wah > Pitch etc.

• There is a dedicated Youtube video "Mission EP1 KP & Kemper Set Up", which explains exactly this application. The only difference at the Stage is that you find the pedal configurations via the PEDALS button.

• There is a dedicated Youtube video "Mission EP1 KP & Kemper Set Up", which explains exactly this application. The only difference at the Stage is that you find the pedal configurations via the PEDALS button.

When calibrating a pedal, is there some sort of indication that it is in calibration mode? Pressing the calibrate button changes nothing on the screen to let you know if it’s working or not (I am using a Stage). Same with exiting the calibration process.

All seems very hit and miss as to having any indication if it’s working or not.

• When calibrating a pedal, is there some sort of indication that it is in calibration mode? Pressing the calibrate button changes nothing on the screen to let you know if it’s working or not (I am using a Stage). Same with exiting the calibration process.

All seems very hit and miss as to having any indication if it’s working or not.

I was wondering this myself. Calibration button is lit all the time, seems like it’s always calibrating.

These profiles go to 11!

• Set first pedal as Wah. Make sure the Type is correct. Most pedals are Type 1 but My Mission needed to be Type 2. If you have the wrong type set the pedal will do nothing for most of its travel then provide the full effect in a very short range at the end. If you get a nice smooth wah effect or volume swell you have the correct type.

Now set up a second pedal for the input the TS a s connected to. I have my wah in Stomp B so I set the second pedal function to Mono Switch, Toggle Stomp B. This turns the Wah on and off.

If you want to use the sa,e pedal for multiple functions you need to select the desired combination in the Wah > x. Checkboxes. Ie Wah > Volume, Wah > Pitch etc.

Managed to get wah>vol with pedal switch, but how to get pitch? Is it possible in the same stomp section? And how to get morph engaged with the same pedal having the above setup?

• I tend to only have either Wah OR Pitch effects loaded in any Rig slot to avoid conflicts.

That is not necessary. You can put the wah effect on with the button on the Misspedal. When you now use the "double-button" you switsch off wah and switch on pitch. It is very easy to avoid conflicts. When you set up the Rig with wah on and pitch off you can use the Misspedal button to activate the volume function when the button is assigned to switch the wah. For me it is very flexible to handle volume, wah and pitch.

• I don’t understand.

What “double button”?

The toe switch can only be assigned to one thing. In my case Toggle on/off stomp B which contains my wah. This still needs another button on the remote to turn the Pitch on and off. (To be fair this doesn’t bother me as almost never need the pitch effect anyway)

I can’t see how to ise the Mission toe switch to change between Wah and Pitch plus turn both off and activate volume instead. (Again not a big problem for me as I hate having my wah and volume on the same pedal but I would like to understand the setup you are using).

• No problem. Assign the Mission toe switch to wah on/off and assign one of the top row buttons to wah on/off and to pitch on/off. Now you are able to switch wah on/of with Misson. When wah is on you can switch wah off and pitch on only with on footstep on the top row button. But remember: when wah is off, you put wah and pitch on with this button.

• I have a new Stage and tried connecting the Mission EP1 KP to it and am not having any luck. The toe switch is being recognized but the expression part is not being recognized. I have Output 1 cabled to pedal 1 on the back of the stage and Output 2 connected to pedal 2. Setting it to pedal type 1 or 2 makes no difference.

Dumb question, but how does the EP1 powered?