Getting Rig Manager to work with Logic

• Hey everyone!

So I just got Rig Manager on my Mac, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to link it with Logic X. When I went to my bassists house and saw how he had his setup, where you can just click on a Rig in Rig Manager and voila, it would change on his Kemper, and he could play any tone he found on his Rig Manager. Is there anyone who can help me figure out how to do this?

id ask my bassist but he's been very busy and youtube videos aren't doing the trick.

• You can't "link it to Logic", mate. It might have appeared that Logic was involved if he was listening via the DAW.

He was using RM in the conventional (and only) way - auditioning Rigs on his KPA by calling them up and managing his folders / categories in RM.

Welcome to the forum, mate. 8)

• Hi,

I'd say your bass player has set the KPA up as a device in Logic Pro, which then is just displaying whatever rig is the current rig on the KPA, RM just changes the current rig, hence it's reflected through in Logic Pro.

• he does it via midi program change which you can insert in a logic midi track and the the Kemper becomes

a prg change to the rig which is used / programmed

the pro numbers <you can select in the Kemper which rig number is bound to which rig number

• ... you can just click on a Rig in Rig Manager and voila, it would change on his Kemper, and he could play any tone he found on his Rig Manager.

This tells me he's not using MIDI PC to switch Rigs, Alan, which is why I said it would've been a "conventional" situation.

I don't know about devices in Logic Pro, but if they work as Craig F suggests then that could explain why the OP had the impression the app, RM and KPA were linked somehow, so kudos to Craig for that. :thumbup: