Power Head stereo output options?

• Just a query on the power head: can you use the power head's powered output as part of a stereo pair - with a monitor out or line out. This would mean that you could drive a cab directly with one of the stereo channels and send the other side of the stero pair to a power amp + cab OR an FRFR monitor.

Ideally, you could set up a volume offset to match levels of the two channels of the stereo pair so that they could be controlled with the KPA volume knob.

• Yes.

The only issue I foresee would be if using the powered out for a guitar cab and the monitor to a power amp into a FR speaker. I don't think you could have a cab simulation on just one of the pair.

However, you could use one of the main outputs with the cab sim on, and switched off to the guitar cab.

• Can the powered out and one of the main outs constitute a stereo pair (FX wise)?

So, in this hypothetical scenario, powered out takes left side of main stereo mix (minus cab) and main out right takes right side stereo mix (with cab).

• I've just tried playing with the output settings. I can only get mine as (omitting the less relevant Stack/GTR/Studio etc) -

Main Out - Master Stereo/Master Mono/Master Left.

Monitor - Master Left/Master Mono

As there's no apparent Master Right output, I suppose you could use the Master Left on the monitor and Master Stereo for the main outputs but only use the right output, thus creating a stereo pair.

• OK thanks - that is interesting. Seems like getting the right channel from the main stereo outs is the way to go.

If they do build a KPA V2, having the power head version support stereo/mono operation - eg Stereo 300 W +300W /bridged Mono 600 W would be highly desireable given the quality reverbs and delays we have now.

• I just tonight setup my Matrix power amp which I have connected to the Kemper right and left outputs and then out of the Matrix to two 2x12 cabs. Just for this reason. I am trying to remember what else I was suppose to turn off in the Kemper when doing this.....

Equipment junky always on the hunt chasing tone. Engl Powerball 2, MT15PRS, PRS Custom 24, PRS Tremonti, PRS McCarthy, Ibanez JS2410