Suggestion for importing rigs into Rig Manager

• Hello everyone. I have a suggestion for RM and I’d like to know other people’s opinions. When I buy a set of profiles, I always keep the original .zip file, but then I organize them by folders according to my own taste on things, tipically a folder for DI profiles, another for studio profiles, merged profiles, whatever.

Now I’d like to recreate this organization in RM and presently I have to recreate all folders all over again, copy the files onto RM folder by folder and it’s a pain.

Don’t you think it would be nice if when dropping a folder from Explorer or Finder onto RM the subfolder structure would be duplicated in RM? For the way I organize things it would be a great time saver.

I know there’s a folder depth limit in RM, that in my opinion should be quite a bit larger (say, about 10 folders or something “reasonable”), but if they changed this, maybe it wouldn’t be hard to implement.

Anyway, what’s your opinion?

Thanks!

• Yes, improvements the RM folder functionality would be very helpful including creating a folder and then dropping it into another. This, either from within RM or externally. My Stage is is max’d out of the 1000 profiles that RM will recognize. So, keeping an organized folder backup system in place is very important to me.

• Yes, improvements the RM folder functionality would be very helpful including creating a folder and then dropping it into another. This, either from within RM or externally. My Stage is is max’d out of the 1000 profiles that RM will recognize. So, keeping an organized folder backup system in place is very important to me.

Yup, drag and drop for folders inside RM would be great also!