The dreaded button fail

• I guess I’m not alone... as others have experienced my #1 button has stopped working completely... just submitted a support ticket.

Seemed to have started with the update to 7.1.3.15295, however it may be coincidental. The button feels ok, just doesn’t do anything when pressed. Started slowly, only not working every now and then as well as also coinciding with the “date/time loss” - strangely enough... that issue corrected itself so I was hoping this would as well. I guess not.

Sad - LOVING the sounds I’m getting and even after only having less than three weeks I’m very at home with it. That unit is so easy to program ... just about any tone I have in my head seems to be possible. Not sure what will be the outcome - but I did a backup in case on my flash drive in case I have to return it.

• Will be 3 weeks this Thursday... as an update - I plugged into Rig Manager last night and synced it... it seems to have resolved it? So now I’m really wondering if this is a software or hardware issue? After some of the other posts I’ve read where Kemper has replaced them - as much as I’ll miss it if that is indeed what happens... it worries me that the issue could creep up again in the future.

We’ll see what support has to say -

• That's great that it's sorted.

I tend to think most issues on the Stage can be related to software and get the impression that when something goes wrong, a "Fix" update is rushed out and I'd imagine it's a massive job to test every scenario, so perhaps the updates causes other issues.

For me, I think when mine froze, it was the RM as I had a hell of a time trying to copy rigs into slots, 50% of the time it would say it has copied, you could see the new name and all the details, but the sound on the Stage was the old sounds.......so, you can see why I'd attribute it to the RM. Rebooted and it's been stable since.

"it worries me that the issue could creep up again in the future.".....I'm dreading it, but the longer it remains issue free, the more confident I feel. I've had mine 10 weeks now......

Overall though, what a fantastic piece of kit.

• Problem is back - same as before... played tonight and it reverted back to the original issue when powered off. After some playing it did work somewhat - but “somewhat” isn’t good for a brand new piece of gear (and an expensive one at that!).

I can say that Kemper Support is excellent - they’ve already been in contact with me. I’m just sharing my experience with others in case you have similar issues. Kemper stands behind the products so I have no doubt they’ll work to make it right.

Might be back to the old POD for awhile until it’s fully resolved!