Acoustic guit. + Kemper : What kind of pickups do you need ?

• If you plug an acoustic guitar on a Kemper I'd be curious to know what kind of pickups (and guitar) fit well with Kemper , according to your experience ?

And maybe some suggestions of profiles (Rig Exchange or commercial) to complete the chain :love:

Thanks a lot for your helps everyone and have a nice day making music :love:

Paul:love: looking for ''goodadvices''

• Hi Paul, well pickups... they are what they are in my Taylor and in my Ovation. Piezos with their particular sound. In order to ease that with the Kemper I have good experience with some BodyRez profiles ( Bommel did these very well but others too, e.g. author Blugeniale).

Alternatively try to look out for profiles of high end channel strips like Neve 1073, Avalon 737, UA LA 610 etc. (in RE under author Downfall Studio). These soften and thicken the signal a bit.

• I didn't like my Taylor's built in system and replaced it by a seymour duncan sa6 mag mic.

Sounds very rich and natural imho. Of course I deactivated the Amp and the Cab section

so the toaster is a plain multieffect.

With a good monitor box you will not need any extra stuff.

Best regards

Bernhard

Jam it ! 8o

• I didn't like my Taylor's built in system and replaced it by a seymour duncan sa6 mag mic.

Sounds very rich and natural imho. Of course I deactivated the Amp and the Cab section

so the toaster is a plain multieffect.

With a good monitor box you will not need any extra stuff.

This... just the reverb and maybe a bit of delay on acoustic (no amp/cab for my tastes but to each their own)

now if your trying to make an electric sound like an acoustic that’s another matter.

• I use the fishman from my folk , does a great job with the stock Balringer profiles from KPA rig pack. I used to hate piezo tones before the KPA, but now , I just dig it , it's so convenient & easy to mix.

Here is my latest recording with my folk , fresh from today :

https://choon.co/tracks/0xah66g101b/dream-waves/

• I haven’t used an acoustic with the KPA but have two electrics with Piezo pickups (PRS P22 and Parker Fly Deluxe) which let me get both electric and acoustic sounds from the same guitar.

As for profiles, disable the Stack section and add some reverb and EQ should get you in the right ball park. However, adding a profile of a good DI or acoustic preamp can really make it come to life. i use the Bert Meulendjik acoustic pack which is great and not expensive.

• I’ve used an LR Baggs M1 which was great but I upgraded to the LR Baggs Anthem which is brilliant ...I also have a Parker P38 and a custom built Brian Eastwood guitar both with piezo bridges ...not wuite as good as a real acoustic but passable in a ‘band mix’

All were played through various profiles from the Bert M acoustic pack .

• I use a Carvin AE185 with a piezo for acoustic. For the Kemper I use the acoustic IR's from Sigma3Audio. Mostly the Martin and The Gibson J45. On the Kemper I turn off amp, use one of the IR's as speaker, then have access to all EQ and effects on the Kemper.

To me, the acoustic sound is better than what I get if I use my Martin D41. I find no reason to use acoustic strings on the Carvin. Just a little heavier than I might normally use on an electric. Still sounds great.

• I made some profiles of the tc bodyrez and the Audio sprockets Tone Dexter ... but the best way to get a decent sound is with a selfmade ir or a selfmade tone dexter profile, then it fits perfectly to you guitar.

To to the IR your self you need a Match eq software, voxengo deconvolver, the kemper cabmaker, and a good mic.

Record you piezo signal and your miced guitar (Play bar chords on every fret so you have no gaps in the wave form later)

and match eq the piezo signal to the mic signal with izotope ozone. Now create a 60second sweep with voxengo deconvolver an load it into you daw the the track where the matcheq is. Export it convert it to a IR and then to a KIPR file with the Kemper cab maker... IMO this is the best way to correct the rather plasticy sound of piezo pickups. The fast way is of course: Buy a Tonedexter and profile the wavemap and enjoy it on the kemper together with the effects and looper and so on. The Tone Dexter does basically the same and works wonders imo.