Help! Separate acoustic and electric inputs and outputs? (stereo FX all ready in use)

• Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forum and just switched over from a Line 6 Helix rig to the kemper rack while also running some pedals.

I just reached out to Kemper support and show the question and answer below... but anyone else have ideas?

Submitted to Kemper:

I'd like to plug my electric and acoustic guitar with separate inputs and outputs and change which routing i'm using depending on the patch in Performance mode. I am plugging electric into front input, using the mono send to my empress delay stereo out to strymon big sky stereo out to KPA 1/4" return input and alternative input for a stereo FX loop. Can I plug Acoustic guitar into a DI box, then to XLR Return input as well, then send out of the monitor output when a patch for acoustic is pulled up, but mute the monitor input when the electric patches are being used? Stereo Main output XLR's are being used for electric outs into an in-ear rig.

Answer from Kemper

Dear Josh Dekker,

thanks for your question! No, it is not possible to change the routing of inputs nor outputs by Rig or Slot. All you can do is activating or deactivating an effect loop to loo in external gear. I question that external delay and reverb effects are needed with current PROFILER software given the excellent onboard effects.

With best regards, Burkhard Dinnies

Kemper Amps Support Team

Thanks for any help you guys can give:)

Josh

• I don’t use different guitars but have a somewhat similar problem using guitars with both magnetic and Piezo pickups (PRS P22 and Parker Fly). It would be great for me to be able to run both outputs to alternative inputs and be able to run both simultaneously through different Amp/FX paths.

At the moment the best I can do is use the Mono Fx loop return in Stomp A for the Piezo pickup and the Main Input for the Electric. This unfortunately means that if I want to run them both simultaneously using Parallel Path, I only have one other FX available for the acoustic signal. It would be nice to be able to use something like the Alternative input for the Piezo and still have 2 stomps available for Compressor and EQ in the Parallel Path. Even better would be the ability to mix the Parallel Path back into the signal chain later in the Rig to be able to share Delay and/or Reverb too.

In your case If you just want to use acoustic OR electric at any given time than I think an external A/B/Y pedal would be the best answer (but it would be nice to be able to de everything inside the KPA itself rather than add additional pedals).

• I'd like to plug my electric and acoustic guitar with separate inputs and outputs and change which routing i'm using depending on the patch in Performance mode

You might want to look at this thread in the forum:

Profile for taming an acoustic guitar bridge piezo pickup?

...and this video on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqpokzYAdlg

Maybe that helps with what you want to achieve. Fingers crossed :)