Kemper Stage

• has anyone experienced the profiler stage being stuck on the bootup..??? The screen says Kemper Profiler with the line under it as it nears the end of the boot up line it just stays there and doesn't finish booting up

:cursing:

• Oh yes! My first Stage also did not boot up. I called Kemper support hot line, and we tried some things on telephone. One thing you can trie: Press System button and Soft button 1, before you hit the Start button. Maybe then you can reach the system maintenance menu and do a reset to the factory settings.

In my case, this also did not work. I sent the device back and got a new one.

• Mine did it once when I first got it, two weeks ago. It would also start up as soon as I plugged in the power cable. I updated to the latest release the same day, no issues with either since. Coincidence or not, I couldn't say. I do use it almost every day for hours at a time, so it seems problems would have re-surfaced by now.

• Mine did it today, got it to boot up once and made a backup of my rigd. Turned it off and came back an hour or so later and nothing I do fixes it :(

• Having the same issue on my Kemper Stage (OS 7.1.2 or 7.1.3, can't remember which). I've sent in a ticket request to Kemper but am trying to troubleshoot in the meantime.

I've tried holding down the System Button + Soft Button 1 (as described in a post above) while powering up, no luck. (Also tried holding Rig Button while powering up, and holding System Button by itself while powering up...no luck). Also tried removing power cable for about an hour and trying again...still no luck.

Is there a factory reset option on the Stage that I could try? I haven't configured this to the point where I couldn't get back up to speed quickly.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Edited once, last by lillloyd ().

• Have you tried OS 7.14? I believe this version as a specific fix for this issue. Personally, I never got this issue with OS 7.14

• Have you tried OS 7.14? I believe this version as a specific fix for this issue. Personally, I never got this issue with OS 7.14

Thanks, yup I called support and they quickly resolved the issue. It was a bug (I was on 7.1.2 or 7.1.3).

For anyone with a Stage - if you're locked up and you suspect a code issue, you can try formatting a USB stick with FAT32 and put the new code on there (I went to 7.1.5), and then power up while holding the two soft Page buttons ("<" and ">"). This forces a boot from the USB stick (and also installs that code permanently on the Stage).

That fixed it for me. Took all of about 5 minutes.