Spdif dont work? What happens? (reamping)

• Is this really cable for SPDIF? It doesn't state "digital". So you might rather look for those here:

SPDIF-Coax

Which Kemper do you use? Stage, Rack, Toaster? I think for the stage you definitely must use 2 cables (in and out connected to out and in of the interface - don't mix this up).

Is the routing in the interface (software) mixer appropriate? Clock settings proper? For Rack & Toaster you need to make them clearly the clock master.

Hope that helps a bit. I know it can be tricky sometimes. Once you figured it out it is straight forward and easy to use.

• I use the toaster,

I though all the spdif cable were the same... the cable is digital....

I thing the set up its ok except the clock, i didnt touch anything about it

It has to be more things included the clock...

The analogic cable seems to work...

• Make sure you make your Kemper a Clock Host and your Scarlett a slave (internal sync should be changed to S/PDIF) and check the frequency: in your project/Focusrite control and Profiler, it should be the same.

• did you set your interface to be the clock slave? This is crucial to use the PROFILER Head in a digital environment.

There are no settings to be made in the Profiler for this because the Head will automatically be the clock master but you need to make these settings in the control software of your audio interface.

• did you set your interface to be the clock slave? This is crucial to use the PROFILER Head in a digital environment.

There are no settings to be made in the Profiler for this because the Head will automatically be the clock master but you need to make these settings in the control software of your audio interface.

Are you telling me in Focusrite Control / Clock source / select S/pdif ?

i´ve done

Im getting nut

• Are you telling me in Focusrite Control / Clock source / select S/pdif ?

i´ve done

Im getting nut

if you still do not get any signal make sure that you have selected the correct inputs in your DAW track and that the sampling rate matches between the DAW and the Profiler. The default sampling rate is 44,1 khz.

• if you still do not get any signal make sure that you have selected the correct inputs in your DAW track and that the sampling rate matches between the DAW and the Profiler. The default sampling rate is 44,1 khz.

Im going to try, i had the sampling at 48 khz

Yeah! now the reaper see the signal! but i dont ear it

The focusrite controller also see the spdif signal

Now i can record without earing it while playing. The distorsion track sounds lower than the clean

Edited 3 times, last by rafabosch ().

• The fact that you can receive the signal but not hear it must have to do with the routing in your DAW. The PROFILER obviously works fine.

Differences in level can be adjusted by the clean sens setting in the input menu and by adjusting the rig volume, amp volume etc.

• The fact that you can receive the signal but not hear it must have to do with the routing in your DAW. The PROFILER obviously works fine.

Differences in level can be adjusted by the clean sens setting in the input menu and by adjusting the rig volume, amp volume etc.

USolved, i had to choose CUSTOM MIX in the focusrite controller....

thank you so much for your help , my head its gonnna explote

• Great! Just be aware of the fact that software monitoring introduces some latency to the signal you're hearing from the Kemper. This can make it difficult to record spot on to the beat. It would be better to monitor the Kemper via different speakers or to look if your interface is capable of direct monitoring.

I could have farted and it would have sounded good! (Brian Johnson)

• Great! Just be aware of the fact that software monitoring introduces some latency to the signal you're hearing from the Kemper. This can make it difficult to record spot on to the beat. It would be better to monitor the Kemper via different speakers or to look if your interface is capable of direct monitoring.

AaHi,

I think my interface Focusrite 6i6 has the direct monitoring optio... Know inhave fear of changing setuo for the last part of reamping....