Detuned sound with an expression pedal

• I hear no Chromatic notes here. Works like a Digitech Whammy.

Here a couple of videos for the setup

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And here starting at 2:00

https://www.google.com/url?sa=…Vaw2d5Vlu9dQVomW1YxuBTEXN

Ande here at 5:48

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Thank for your responses.

I understood how to have a progressive detuned on one or two chromatics gaps.

The physical expression pedal must be assigned as a pitch pedal, in the Kemper unit (using the System button in the front of the unit).

It works very well.

It exists an option "MorphPedal >Pitch" allowing to control the pitch with the morphpedal. But the assignment of my expresison pedal must be done as Morphpedal. It allows to control other effects with the expression pedal.

But in this case, the pitch pedal effect control by pedalmorph seems not to allows progressive detune.

Do you know how have a morphpedal and a progressive pitch pedal, with just one physical expression pedal ?

• the pedal links option will allow you to use a single pedal for multiple purposes. If you want to use the same pedal for morphing in some rigs and for controlling the pitch in others you need to configure the pedal as a morph pedal and activate the "morph to pitch" link. If you load a rig that has a pitch effect assigned to one of the stomps or effects the pedal will control it. If any parameters are set up for morphing the pedal will control the morph.

• Thank you Kemper Team,

I use the Realease 8.7.17.43373 OS, a Toaster unit, with remote.

I tried to plug my TRS jack from my EP1-KP (with spring) to the PEDAL 4 input on my remote.

In the SYSTEM menu => PEDAL 4 [Page 9/18], i select Pedal Type 1 and Morph Pedal.

I introduce the Pedal Pitch effect in the chain, before the amp.

I select the option MorphPedal >Pitch [Page 5/18] to control pitch with morph parameter.

I introduce the Pedal Pitch effect in the chain, before the amp. The Heel Pitch is to 0.

The Toe pitch is to 1 with the pedal fully depressed, and for just one chromatic of gap.

The pitch works when i use the EP, but not well, cause it changes abruptly at half travel. It doesn't work as it should.

Do you have a suggest ?

Thank in advance.

• This is what it sounds like when I have it set for 2 semitones.

It sounds smooth most of the time although there does seem to be a glitch now which I haven't noticed before where occasionally it just jumps a full semitone.

Edit: I have now reported this to support as a possible bug.

• After reading all this I'm still asking myself, if you are really using the correct effect type. Pitch Pedal only affects two effect types: Pedal Pitch and Pedal Vinyl Stop.

Have you tried the straight forward approach configuring your expression pedal as Pitch Pedal and select effect type Pedal Pitch in an effect module e.g. module D? Have you calibrated the expression pedal as described in the manual? If so, what is wrong with that?

If you intend to use the pedal for other tasks, you could configure it as Morph Pedal and activate MorphPedal to Pitch. However, starting to morph pitch parameters isn't necessary. And if you even start to morph continuous parameters within the Pedal Pitch effect while the pedal controls the effect anyhow, this might create crazy results.

• Hello Burkhard,

After trying to make the settings directly through my Kemper Unit, it seems to work well for both a use as Pedal Pitch or as Pedal Morph of my EP1-KP .

Initially, i used Rig Manager to make the settings for my Kemper.

It seems that it caused problems, because i tried to morph the Toe pitch as the other morph parameters.

Thank you.

The Pedal Pitch effect sounds finally grandly, awesome... and this acquisition takes me beyond my expectations !