Detuned sound with an expression pedal

• Don't know what your particular issue is, but the pedal pitch effect is continuous in the same way that a Whammy efffect pedal is. The manual states it on page 220 and it works that way for me.

With that said, I suspect that using a pedal to emulate a mechanical vibrato will not sound good for several reasons. You are using a pedal which is not the same as manipulating the bar with your hand. I think you will also have a less than desirable result if you want to vibrato a chord. A mechanical vibrato will result in different pitch alterations for each string while the pedal pitch will alter them the same harmonic distance. This won't sound natural, at least it doesn't to my ear.

Edited once, last by lbieber ().

• I have the spring loaded mission which can essentially do half of this using the whammy on the kemper. It would be cool if mission or someone would make a spring loaded up/down pedal controller like this with that center detent. Of course if they did, Kemper would need to code for that center spot. There might also need to be some compensation algorithm created though as a true vibrato system doesn't bend every string in the entire chord at the same tension. Unless you have one of those old steinberg transtrem thingys.

• Each notch in the pedal pitch effect is equivalent to a chromatic note.

This effect is unable to have the same result that the Bigsby pedal.

It is necessary to have much more precision than the pitch pedal effect allows.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'm not sûre.

Finally is correct. It isn’t the software in the Kemper which is the issue but rather the fact that the Bigsby pedal is physically able to bend up and down. A normal expression pedal isn’t able to do this as it doesn’t have a center position. The Kemper software could accomplish this but would still need a pedal attached that could provide the centre position.

• Tanks Wheresthedug.

The question about the physically Kemper expression pedal ability to bend up and down like the Bigsby pedal is not my subject.

For the moment, i don't have an expression pedal. I would like to buy a Mission Engineering Expression pedal with spring (and i know that she works in one sens only, is not my subject), but my subject is : does the Kemper is able to detuned progessively the sound like the Bigsby pedal ?

When i try this with the pedal pitch effect, and the virtual expression pedal as a scrollbar in Rig Manager, it does'nt work.

There's no progressiveness between two chromatic notes.

• Tanks Wheresthedug.

Someone could provide a demo ?

I am unable to upload a video here but when you make changes in the editor it does it in steps because you are choosing a specific start and stop point. If you hook up the exp pedal it will be smooth. Its basically a digitech whammy.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It is. Think of it just like the digitech whammy pedal. Its all smooth. It also can be set to glitchy if you desire that old school whammy I sound. You dont hear any stepping in use.

• Hello, i bought the Mission Engineering expression pedal with spring.

The pedal is all right, but in the kemper nothing is all smooth.

The pitchpedal effect is not smooth, i heard all the changing chromatic notes.

And me who would have a smooth changing beetween two chromatic notes, the pedal pitch effect is not able to be more acurate than juste one chromatic. So, the changing note is not smooth. Impossible to approach the sound of a mecanic tremolo which usually evolves beetween one or two chromatic gap.

I tried to get the good result with a detune parameter, i found in the pitch delay loop effect. It's not so bad but not perfect. I would a specific effect in the kemper and it does'nt exist.

The previous solution is not perfect, cause the kemper isn't able to well detune all the six string of a guitar. I note that ther transpose effect does'nt works well, while it is made for that.