Rattling noise from dxr10

• Hello everyone, first time poster here.

I have an issue with weird rattling noises coming from my dxr10 when playing through my Kemper. It only happens when playing certain notes, and it is the most prevalent around fret 7-9 on the A string and when playing the open low E string. I emailed Thomann about the issue, and they were basically dismissive about the whole thing and argued that:

1) It’s common for cheaper speakers to have resonant frequencies that cause this type of noise (I wouldn’t exactly call the dxr10 cheap though).

2) It’s most likely a problem with the room, I’m playing in ( I have played in many different places, and the problem is the same everywhere). 3) It only happens when playing single notes and not chords (What a strange argument in the first place, as single notes is a pretty big part of guitar playing. It’s also completely false, as the linked video shows, that it happens when playing a chord as well).

4) It will not be heard when playing with a band (Kinda true, but I also use the kemper for singer songwriter acoustic playing, so a completely moot point imo)

I guess my question is, has anyone else here experienced similar noises from their dxr10, and do you believe it’s bad enough for me to be able to demand, that Thomann return the speaker?

Regards, Martin

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5c081mia0lsvkzb/IMG_1731.MOV?dl=0

• Hi Martin, and welcome to the forum. I have both a DXR10 and DXR8 and have never experienced what you describe. Perhaps someone a bit more savvy than I am can offer some ways to diagnose this.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer