Midnite Cruize - lofi jazzy hip hop instrumental

• Here is my 2nd take on lofi jazzy hip hop instrumental.

Midinite Cruize

Most of the work was about getting the dirty & lofi vibe, quite the opposite of what my KPA can do ;)

As usual Guitar & micro korg were sent to KPA for tube preamps & majestic verbs.

This is my usual jazzbox, but with a fat layers of tools used on my DAW. My guitar was in tune , but the warble FX make it sound like an used tape stored in a car for 20 years :)

I hope you enjoy this style. Quite a fun experience for me.

Let me know if it sounds legitimate instrumental hip hop, as I don't have that much references apart Cypress Hill, the roots & E Badu.

• Very nice as always mate. I haven't much reference either in hip hop genre. But I listen to lounge music quite often and I would consider it to be close at least. So overall well done I'd say. The low end is a bit too boomy to my taste. Yes, that's part of the idea I guess but a little too much for me. Apart from that: Cool thing :thumbup:8)

• Renaud, I had to share this with you.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Renaud, I had to share this with you.

thx Mud , I knew this guy and his killer funk chops.

I watched it with interest , thx for the geek stuff :)

The approach is to go direct to the console ( neve , UA ...)& a comp or use a bass amp for these ultra clean & dry tones, both can be emulated on the kemper , that's great news for us.