SHRED any suggestions on Rig exchange please?

• Hello , I'd like to get a profile to play SHRED arpeggio and licks. Not hard metal, but you know, arpeggio with a lot of LEGATO and FAST passages a bit like Bach music . so each notes can be clearly heard and sustained without making too much noise. Its hard to find the balance between sustain distortion and a good definition of the notes . Its just for a song or two (I wont dedicate my whole life to it) So do you suggest a specific profile in rig exchange to do that ? Thanks

Paul:love: (goodadvice)

• mdan's Driftwood Merged profile has a lot of nice gain, and rather sweet highs. I like it a lot for solos, it's well tweakable, takes the green scream well and can be associated to other cabs easily as it is a merged profile. I use it with different setups whereas one is with Guido Bungenstocks 4x12 Bog cab from the Bogus XTasy profile which comes with the Kemper. You can also dial the gain a bit back and it still sounds good then.

• Its hard to find the balance between sustain distortion and a good definition of the notes.

That's really more a technique issue than everything else.

There are Carvin Legacy Profiles by Eric Stam on the Rig Exchange that do have a very sweet lead sound IIRC,

these should work.

You can also dial in a little bit of Direct Mix to emphasize the attack transients, or add a little bit of Pick and/or Amp Compression.

• That's really more a technique issue than everything else.

There are Carvin Legacy Profiles by Eric Stam on the Rig Exchange that do have a very sweet lead sound IIRC,

these should work.

You can also dial in a little bit of Direct Mix to emphasize the attack transients, or add a little bit of Pick and/or Amp Compression.

My technique is at the level of Alex Skolnick, so that sould not be the problem in my case. But I admit I play too much on clean sounds... And I developped a very sweet legato and speed if needed. (I try to combine fast and slow) But when I applied that speed to my distorted sound a lot of artefacts are unpleasant to my hear. for instance a legato of two notes , and the second notes will create an horrific noise.... instead of a clear notes. So as i said the balance between distortion and clarity and sustain is very hard to find for me. But I<ll work on it and try the profiles suggested here .

• My technique is at the level of Alex Skolnick, so that sould not be the problem in my case. But I admit I play too much on clean sounds... And I developped a very sweet legato and speed if needed. (I try to combine fast and slow) But when I applied that speed to my distorted sound a lot of artefacts are unpleasant to my hear. for instance a legato of two notes , and the second notes will create an horrific noise.... instead of a clear notes. So as i said the balance between distortion and clarity and sustain is very hard to find for me. But I<ll work on it and try the profiles suggested here .

Hey, do give my Deedle VH4 Rage TS9 profile a go, man. Might be what you're looking for.