Rig names and unique identifiers

• If I change a rig name, is there some kind of unique identifier that the profiler/rig manager can use to identify it?

Example, if I have a rig that's a Mesa Dual Recto but has a stupid name "RECTO-BLASTO BOOM!" and I change it to "Mesa DR Lead", does the profiler/rig manager recognize these to be the same rig, just different names? Or are they saved as two different rigs?

• I rename rigs in Rig Manager all the time. I also dislike the annoying naming conventions of many profile makers and sellers. If you change the name of the rig (and any other fields) in Rig Manager it changes them in the actual profile and does not create a copy. Just click on the rig and then in the right hand pane change whatever fields you wish other than the name of the creator which cannot be changed. Be sure to hit the enter key after each field that you change or Rig Manager will not store it. It can be tedious if you have a big profile pack but you only have to do it once. Be sure to make a complete backup when you are done.