Anyone using a windows 10 tablet for rig manager?

• I’m 51 and have worn glasses for short sightedness for years, but in recent times my near view is falling rapidly.

I was in the camp of I don’t need no stinking editor, I’ve owned the Kemper since soon after release and know it backwards.

So times have changed and I now use a magnifying glass to edit ?am now patiently awaiting the editor.

I require a portable solution, a tablet would be ideal, I have a IPad Pro which since the dedicated OS has just about removed my need for a desk or lap top machine, but alas I doubt I’ll see an iOS editor in my lifetime?

I hardly touched a windows machine in years but it may be the answer.

So do any of you used a windows tablet fo rig manager?, any suggestions, any problems?, I’ve been eying of some used Microsoft surface 3’s that can be had for a reasonable price but really have no idea.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I use a Microsoft Surface Pro 2017. I run Win 10 pro.

RM has been zero problem with this setup for 2 years.

Just don't use Win 7 as Kemper has stated that RM 3 won't support that.

• I use a Microsoft Surface Pro 2017. I run Win 10 pro.

RM has been zero problem with this setup for 2 years.

Just don't use Win 7 as Kemper has stated that RM 3 won't support that.

I'm using MS Surface Book 2 with Windows 10, also no problems

Thanks for your feedback guys ??

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• I use a relatively inexpensive Surface Pro copy (Acer Switch Alpha) and if you’re only using touchscreen it might be a frustrating experience. The virtual knobs don’t move in alignment with how I drag my finger (eg slowly moving rig volume jumps from 0-6-12db).

Maybe it’s user error which if so, please let me know what I’m doing wrong!!

• I use a relatively inexpensive Surface Pro copy (Acer Switch Alpha) and if you’re only using touchscreen it might be a frustrating experience. The virtual knobs don’t move in alignment with how I drag my finger (eg slowly moving rig volume jumps from 0-6-12db).

Maybe it’s user error which if so, please let me know what I’m doing wrong!!

Thanks for your info. Someone else is using a Lenovo touchscreen tablet and says it works amazingly.

• A Surface Book (1st gen) is one of my development machines :)

Yeah I think I’ll look at a an older surface pro, the more budget oriented machines that I have touched seem a little unresponsive, the thing that hooked me on IOS was the smoothness of response, the way it flowed to your touch.

• Do you know who? Would love to compare settings or something. Never had issues with the Helix editor so I’m hoping it’s not hardware related.

Someone on the Gear Page has a Lenovo touch screen laptop and said its perfect. I would imagine a tablet version of it would work, but I can't say for sure.

• Thanks Phil. It appears the individual above your post is experiencing the same. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for an update that could help but I won’t hold my breath. I know we’re a smaller use case against everything Kemper is doing. Loving the editor regardless!!

• Yeah please anything good or bad to say about windows tablets would be appreciated, l’ll personally wait for a stable release of RM3 before I invest.