Multiband compressor

• Hello,

Is there a chance of getting a multiband compressor in the future?

Almost every high gain profile has a clipping (booming) Freq near to 150 hz, and is really hard to get rid of it without affecting the tone.

in the studio we can use plugins or third party gear, but in live situations it´s another story.

please, make it happen

• Great idea. Already wanted to request the same. It’s mainly regarding palm mutes. Only up to 3dB would be sufficient.

Best if it could be baked into the amp section so I wouldn’t need a stomp for it!

• Almost every high gain profile has a clipping (booming) Freq near to 150 hz, and is really hard to get rid of it without affecting the tone.

in the studio we can use plugins or third party gear, but in live situations it´s another story.

this could be a simple setup issue.

lowering the bass side of the pickup in half-turns until it sounds good is what I do.
    all it takes is a screwdriver, however pickup height seems to be one of the most powerful tonal parameters few guitarists bother with.

I'm all for correcting these things at the source.

It is curcial to pretty much ignore all the measurements posted in forums - use your ears ;)

• Although treading into DAW territory, I like the idea of a multi-band patch. The possibilities of a C6 or C4 directly on the Kemper would be incredible

RIP Eddie Van Halen - 1955-2020 - The one man who enabled me and countless others to love the guitar.

• +1

I like having the option available. That way if you are recording and you have a rig that needs it you can use this and get it right at the source instead of applying a multi band compressor in the DAW.

• I had lowered my bass side on my JB long time ago. Not by much but by enough to make a nice difference. I hope I won a cookie. :)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I think bass itself ain‘t the problem. Bass is great with powerchords but palm mutes create way too much bass. I never experienced such benefit by only lowering the PU (apart from the point that I always do have such adjustment).