Boss Waza-Air

• I think this is revolutionary. Probably the first of a new type of guitar gadget that almost all guitarists would need at one time or another.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yep definitely interesting, listen with headphones people from 11:28.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Yeah it looks to be an amazing product. Most likely getting it.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I've ordered one.

Apart from using it on its own I am hoping to have a full wireless setup for the kemper. I've already got a wireless guitar connection gizmo from thomann (harley benton).

I think it's a great idea.

• External Content www.youtube.com

The older I get, the better I was.

• I'm unable to use transmitting technology (microwaves, mobile devices, BlueTooth, Wi-Fi etc.), so what does a cat like me do?

It'd be cool if you could programme the presets using an app on your computer (laptop or tower), methinks, and transfer them via a physical USB connection. Then one could simply select them using the buttons on the 'phones.

The headset would need to be able to have all "transmissions" disabled, much as one can do with Wi-Fi modems... :/

• The tones from the Boss products are really excellent, and this product is really very cool. But for someone like myself, it misses the mark a bit, and here's why.

When I got my Kemper, I invested in nice set of headphones (nothing elaborate, but about $120). When I'm at home, I don't have much of a use for the Boss product, because I'll just sit by my Kemper and play. Yes, that means I won't be able to go sit on the couch in the other room and play, or to play when I go upstairs to watch the neighbors cat while they are away. But some time ago I bought a $30 Vox Amplug thingy. Now to compare that to this product would be ludicrous.

However, the Vox product does work.

Am I willing to spend another $370 to get better tone when I'm not at home? For me, that's not a good value proposition. For someone who perhaps travels a lot, this might be a better value, but for me it's just too much for my use case.

And I DO LOVE GEAR! So a part of me would like to buy these, but that's a lot of coin for a headphone amp....granted...a really, really good headphone amp.

If it were $200 instead of $400, I probably would buy it anyway even if my use case doesn't directly support that, cuz I love gear!

Looks like a fantastic product though. I don't think I need the feature where you move your head around and it changes the sound.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

• Yeah, completely agree that the price is a bit steep for what it is.

I will try one before I decide to buy one to see if all that tech is worth the price. For me a very good pair of flat response wireless headphones with no latency would be just fine. Right now I have wireless plugs for my guitar that work perfect but I still have the HP cord hanging around me.

• It looks like a cool super portable alternative to a practice amp.

However - I think - and I acknowledge this is devil's advocate talk.... once you've gotten over the novelty of having a virtual amp position itself in virtual space infront of you, and the tone changing with your head position, you'll either switch that stuff off, or sit relatively motionless.

I wonder if we could edit a stereo reverb's early and late reflections to get the amp sound to appear infront behind the Kemper ?

• I just got mine delivered.

Haven't tried them yet, but threw together an unboxing and first impressions video.

External Content youtu.be

• I just got mine delivered.

Haven't tried them yet, but threw together an unboxing and first impressions video.

External Content youtu.be

looking forward to your further thoughts.

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Thanks.

It is a tricky device to make a video for. There's almost no way to record the output, so the only way is to give a subjective spoken review.

I had a little play of it last night. Will try to do a video in the next day or 2.

Allen

• I got one of these and it's a great practice tool. The 3D surround stuff is something I tunr off, but BT streaming of jam tracks and the wireless both work fine. It sounds like a Katana but in your head.

• Here's my video of conclusions.

TL;DR - it's good

https://youtu.be/a3TaGgyLE9s

External Content
    [media]

• Great stuff stuff Allen thank you.