Rig Manager 3 is available for testing ?

• I think times have changed since Windows 7 came out, and yes, I think it's very likely that Microsoft has embedded more technology into their new OS to enable easier spying, and to install new updates automatically (without user consent) to continue enabling new spying methods as technology changes. This is absolutely a game changer when it come to access into a users computer.... it's an open door that they can exploit at will whenever they feel like it.

Feel free to stay on Windows 7 for what ever reasons you choose but you can not expect developers to write to that outdated OS. Just like you will not find anyone writing for Windows 98. As time goes by you will find less and less things compatible with Windows 7.

• I wonder....Does the Kemper employees read all these ideas and feedbacks ? ;)

Usually they keep an eye on things, but this time AFAICT they're watching and listening like hawks.

Having run the in-house and private testing, you'd think it'd be really exciting to see how the app fares out in the wild and interesting to learn of any bugs that slipped through the net and are exposed by the user base.

• Thank you very much!

Is there some documentation available with respect to handling and released features?

In the download section there is:

Rig Manager 3.0 Beta Documentation

Kemper Head - Kemper Remote - Palmer Box with Kemper Kone - TC Electronic BAM200 - Laney LFR 112

• Apparently you didn't understand the basic concepts (cab/amp are presets ==> use drag&drop from the preset list to change them), so please RTFM as mentioned by Timo.

I also find it a bit confusing, hence you can select an empty slot and select en FX from a drop down list ... imho it would be logic to do this for all blocks !

Our comments are suggestions to improve things that are designed by an engineer who might not thought about it this way ;)

Raf

ps : i'm gonna read the manual now ;)

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• I also find it a bit confusing, hence you can select an empty slot and select en FX from a drop down list ... imho it would be logic to do this for all blocks !

The drop down list on an FX shows FX-Types not presets; there are no cab or amp types, just presets . Imagine a drop down list with 100+ (or even more) entries for all your stored (locally and in profiler) presets. Not really usable ;).

• Apparently you didn't understand the basic concepts (cab/amp are presets ==> use drag&drop from the preset list to change them), so please RTFM as mentioned by Timo.

There is no need to be unfriendly virango D:

It's a fact that you can't change the amp cabs by a drop down menue or anything else. That's my message!

If I can change the amps and cabs at the profiler, why I can't change them in the editor. That's it!

Edited once, last by CHST82 ().

• If I can change the amps and cabs at the profiler, why I can't change them in the editor. That's it!

You can with two methods. Just :

1) go to your preset library and select and double click amp or cab preset to load it (or use drop down )

2) use "Lock All But ..."(right click option) and change the rig to change unlocked module

• You can with two methods. Just :

1) go to your preset library and select and double click amp or cab preset to load it (or use drop down )

2) use "Lock All But ..."(right click option) and change the rig to change unlocked module

Hey Damian. Jear thats right.... buuuut its not userfriendly and unneccesary "complicated". if there is a reason to change the effects via drop down, why there is no function to do these with cabs and amps ;). thats all my want to say ;) thats a good thing to fix or add at the upcoming updates.

• There is no need to be unfriendly virango D:

It's a fact that you can't change the amp cabs by a drop down menue or anything else. That's my message!

If I can change the amps and cabs at the profiler, why I can't change them in the editor. That's it!

I'm really sorry that my post appeared unfriendly to you, it surely wasn't meant so. The fact is you can change cabs and amps in editor, s. @DamianGreda's post above.

• Nice and sweet tool, works fine for me at the moment!

I was hoping for a way to program the remote as well. Does not work as far as I've found out...

I have two Kempers one at home, one on the road. Being able to re-program the Remote without having it connected to the Kemper would be a great thing.

• Hey Damian. Jear thats right.... buuuut its not userfriendly and unneccesary "complicated". if there is a reason to change the effects via drop down, why there is no function to do these with cabs and amps ;). thats all my want to say ;) thats a good thing to fix or add at the upcoming updates.

I don't know what is more complicated:

1. having list with amps or cabs opened all the time in the upper area where you can clearly see which preset you use now

2. having right click and scroll down combo menu for desired cab(or amp) every time you want to load next cab or amp. Imagine you want to load a cab "Xtasy Bogner 2" preset from very long list(500 positions for example).

• I don't know what is more complicated:

1. having list with amps or cabs opened all the time in the upper area where you can clearly see which preset you use now

2. having right click and scroll down combo menu for desired cab(or amp) every time you want to load next cab or amp. Imagine you want to load a cab "Xtasy Bogner 2" preset from very long list(500 positions for example).

both will be fine ;)

But, i see our misunderstanding. in my rig manager, i could change the cabs or amps only from "presets" not from rigs (like in the profiler). thats what i want to do ;)

• First Impression on RM3:

- Intuitiv Usability and nice look and feel of the interface

- Not too much changes in Usability vs. RM2

- Major Advantage: Now being able to explore and use the detailed and assigned functions respective to their intended origin in the signal chain

Please improve the copy, past & store functions of rigs and Performances (with their Parameters), so that they work rock solid.

Thank you!!

Hannes