Rig Manager 3 is available for testing ?

• hmm.... if i check the folder C:\Windows\Installer while the installer is running, i can see such temp lib is created on-the-fly. still it does not seem to be accessible... might be some crazy windows access rights management topic. but i have admin role and also started the console with admin rights...

• That looks like it is an error in your window system files not the installer but maybe one of your library files is missing.

I am no expert though!

no. probably you are right. now i could see the tmp lib being created (i also assume executed) and then it immediately disappeared while the error message was shown. so it could also be the case, that some basic / other dll is missing. just wondering how this can happen with a fresh windows 10 installation and .net framework update. would be interesting to understand, which dll is missing

• no. probably you are right. now i could see the tmp lib being created (i also assume executed) and then it immediately disappeared while the error message was shown. so it could also be the case, that some basic / other dll is missing. just wondering how this can happen with a fresh windows 10 installation and .net framework update. would be interesting to understand, which dll is missing

Wish i could help you further but i am only a mere mortal , try doing all and every update available and check that you have the latest .net framework which i think is 4.8 other than that i am sorry but i am probably of no more use to you on this subject.

Good luck my friend. :)

• Wish i could help you further but i am only a mere mortal , try doing all and every update available and check that you have the latest .net framework which i think is 4.8 other than that i am sorry but i am probably of no more use to you on this subject.

Good luck my friend. :)

thank you!!

haven't had that much fun with windows trouble-shooting since i managed to get my win7 stable years ago ;)

i'll for sure figure out what's wrong and let you guys know...

• Not had much time to play with it so far so sorry if this is covered elsewhere..

Couple of questions/possible improvements:

Can you copy an effect from one rig to another ( tried using Ctr C and V but didn;t seem to work? This would be way easier than naming a preset or locking...

When setting up a slot in performance mode, can you assign the effects to a particular button on the remote? I assume not? It would be great if you could so it can all be set up without the remote connected..

• This editor adds so much more value to the Kemper. It's unbelievable. All the little tweaks and somewhere hidden features are now accessible and suddenly make sense. It feels and sound like a totally new device. I didn't know that my Kemper can sound that good. I'm a happy Kemper user.

<3

• That looks like it is an error in your window system files not the installer but maybe one of your library files is missing.

I am no expert though!

A number of people have reported this error. Since the error message doesn't specify the name of the missing dll, you might check the event viewer to see if an error was logged naming the offending dll.

Knowing exactly what dll is not being found would be an important step toward finding and resolving the problem.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Same problem here, Rig manager 3 does not seem to work on Win8.1 . Tried everything, but after the startup screen it just shuts down..

Any ideas? Thanx!

Hi, I found the cause. (I used an API that's only available on Windows 10, so I had to implement a workaround for Window 8.1. BTW: These are exactly the issues, that make it difficult sometimes (or increase the effort) to release new software for older operating systems.) It'll be fixed in the next version.

Cheers

Georg

• Yes, and I find that when I open a second RM window, RM stops reflecting any changes...like when I select a different profile, the knobs and settings shown in RM still reflect whatever profile I was on when I opened the second window. I have to close the second window and unplug the USB and replug it in to get it to go back to normal.

So like if I have effects in one profile that I like and want to apply to a different profile, I would open a second window so I could "build" a new profile, but when I opened the new profile, it would still have the knob settings of the first profile, as well as the Store button not being available.

I'm on a Mac by the way.

Hopefully that makes sense.

• A number of people have reported this error. Since the error message doesn't specify the name of the missing dll, you might check the event viewer to see if an error was logged naming the offending dll.

Knowing exactly what dll is not being found would be an important step toward finding and resolving the problem.

I couldn't agree more. ;)

• Thanks for confirming it's not system dependent.

Positive this will be fixed at some point.

• Suggestions: I would love if we could select our saved input and output settingsright from the editor. For example, I have different input settings of clean/distortion sense for different guitars. Also have saved output EQ for different cabinets. It would be helpful to select them in the editor.

Thanks!

I use 5 different guitars with my Kemper, including a P-bass.

• Which is the exact version of your OS? We tested on two machines with 10.12.6, and it worked on both.

• We want to modify Drag&Drop in such a way, that dropping rigs on to the cab or amp slot will extract that part from the rig and load it, is that what you are requesting or do you have an idea how to make it simpler? But there are some technical issues with that so it will come a bit delayed.

That "trick" looked so amazing, when we finally added something to the editor that the Hardware could not do with one click :P...

hey.

but you cant drag and drop the cabs from your "rigs" so easily. for the presets cabs its working fine! i hope the kemper guys will work on that.

• A number of people have reported this error. Since the error message doesn't specify the name of the missing dll, you might check the event viewer to see if an error was logged naming the offending dll.

yeah. totally agree. i got latest .net update KB4522742

this is the event from win applications event protocol:

Version:1.0
    StartHTML:000000217
    EndHTML:000009352
    StartFragment:000002444
    EndFragment:000009320
    StartSelection:000002444
    EndSelection:000009320
    SourceURL:file:///C:/Users/dorizn/AppData/Local/Temp/tmpB573.xml

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="MsiInstaller" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">11723</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-12-10T18:21:38.665964600Z" />

<EventRecordID>614</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-AEQUTTF</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-417221294-3832998440-4032183397-1001" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>Product: Rig Manager -- Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action FindAllRelatedProducts, entry: FindAllRelatedProducts, library: C:\Windows\Installer\MSI1C9F.tmp</Data>

<Data>(NULL)</Data>

<Data>(NULL)</Data>

<Data>(NULL)</Data>

<Data>(NULL)</Data>

<Data>(NULL)</Data>

<Data />

<Binary>7B39353642323731432D383543322D344145442D423843352D3039384430393036424546367D</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>