Rig Manager 3 is available for testing ?

• I fall into category 1). My Kemper is in a side rack that's just within arm's reach, but I have to spin the chair and reorient to work with the hardware UI, then back around to the PC monitor. It's not a huge inconvenience, just as the small screen and need for paging on the hardware UI isn't bad.

That said, I've been in the camp of not really needing the editor, but I can see significant usability improvements in the studio once I have it. This will eliminate the twisting the chair around 90 degrees, dealing with some paging because of the LCD screen size and other such things. Not the sort of thing I would have made a fuss about, but an improvement is an improvement and I'm happy to take it. So, while I could have lived without the editor, I'm very much looking forward to what the flow is like once I have it.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• kriwat Is it intentional, that the info box on the right does not change when a new rig is "previewed/pre-listened" (moving with left and right arrow keys)?

Or is it a bug that will get fixed?

It is really, really confusing if you wanna know what channel, mic... is used on the rigs you scrolling through and are listening, but the wrong information is shown in the editor on the right.

• I fall into category 1). My Kemper is in a side rack that's just within arm's reach, but I have to spin the chair and reorient to work with the hardware UI, then back around to the PC monitor. It's not a huge inconvenience, just as the small screen and need for paging on the hardware UI isn't bad.

That said, I've been in the camp of not really needing the editor, but I can see significant usability improvements in the studio once I have it. This will eliminate the twisting the chair around 90 degrees, dealing with some paging because of the LCD screen size and other such things. Not the sort of thing I would have made a fuss about, but an improvement is an improvement and I'm happy to take it. So, while I could have lived without the editor, I'm very much looking forward to what the flow is like once I have it.

The value of the editor is soon realized when it comes to sound design and reamping.

• I have had two tickets with Kemper support due to crashes, a corrupt Performance and the Editor section of RM gone.

OS 7.1.8 / RM 3.0.82 / WIN 10

The support has been very helpful, thank you guys. With their help I’m back to a working setup.

The support mentioned in their latest reply this morning that there will probably be new updates next week, solving my issues and others as well.

If the next updates are Beta or Production was not mentioned.

Let’s hope for progress made next week.

Kristian

Gibson Les Paul Std Brimstone, Fender American Elite Stratocaster, Gibson Blueshawk, Yamaha APX5, Epiphone 335 Dot
    Kemper Head & Remote, RedSound powered cab, Line6 Relay G10, TC Helicon VoiceLive 3

• kriwat Is it intentional, that the info box on the right does not change when a new rig is "previewed/pre-listened" (moving with left and right arrow keys)?

The inspector always shows what you selected, not necessarily what is previewed. I assume that it would be better though to follow the Preview with the selection there. Lets look at it as feature request :P

"That's what I love about the Kemper: It's very simple, the sounds are awesome." (Jeff Loomis)

• Just started using it and it’s great! Hard to say how much more I’d use it over the kpa front panel...one thing that would be nice is to have the option to put the editor controls on top rather than at the bottom of the window, or is that already possible?

• Just wanted to say thank you to Kemper and everyone who worked on the RM 3! Been using it every day for over a month now, it's great. There are quite a few things I really even had no idea were editable parameters, or just would never take the time to navigate to try to edit. Such as the equalizer options on the output menu, totally useful, man. No idea it even existed. Also the ducking parameter can have it's position changed from post to pre on some fx, no idea that was there. Yeah, there's some problems as others have mentioned above, (mine loses connection some times and have to restart) but overall great.

My favorite is the locking feature. Sometimes I use it like this- lock an amp I like, lock the fx I like, then go to the Rig Exchange and scroll thru profiles.

Only thing that changes is the cabinet, and any fx slots that weren't locked. So you can get some crazy killer results. (and some really strange ones)

The fx presets and their potential is another benefit. If you haven't tried all the included Kemper fx presets, definitely try 'ICE' (cirrus reverb preset) Really wild!

Here's my wish list so far:

* Tuner

* Ability to scroll thru fx presets with just one key (like you can with profiles) this would be really cool for scrolling thru different cab presets for example (while playing). It's hard to do while balancing a guitar and having to press ctrl/enter! How about enabling the arrow keys as it's implemented for the profiles.

* Add 'Save as' to allow naming and destination choices for tweaked profiles.

Cheers!

• For some reason, I cannot load a rig into a performance now. If I double click on a rig in my library, nothing happens. That means there isn't a way to load a rig into a performance, which is annoying to say the least.

Also, saving a rig to the Kemper in RM3 doesn't seem to actually synchronise it. The count for rigs on the Kemper increases in RM3, but when you try and navigate to it in the Kemper itself, it's not there.

• For some reason, I cannot load a rig into a performance now. If I double click on a rig in my library, nothing happens. That means there isn't a way to load a rig into a performance, which is annoying to say the least.

Also, saving a rig to the Kemper in RM3 doesn't seem to actually synchronise it. The count for rigs on the Kemper increases in RM3, but when you try and navigate to it in the Kemper itself, it's not there.

So, I´m not alone! Hope next version will fix it

• Drag and Drop. I create another window and so have the ability to drag the profiles I want from the Kemper into a performance. Remember that you have to turn on the slot to see the profile after dragging it. Highlight, then Ctrl + Enter to activate a rig in your library.

Circuitous but it works, thanks.

BTW: In Rigmanager 3 I can edit the parameters on the KPA Stage but I can´t save it. I have to save it on the Stage itself. If I save it on the Stage, Rigmanger recognizes this, so, it´s a one direction thing - strange. Anyone here with the same experience?
    And: Mouse right-click action does often not work (i.e. copy or delete performances or slots) but Keyboard shorcuts do. Thanks for help.

• Drag and Drop. I create another window and so have the ability to drag the profiles I want from the Kemper into a performance. Remember that you have to turn on the slot to see the profile after dragging it. Highlight, then Ctrl + Enter to activate a rig in your library.

That's just.... wow. You shouldn't need to do this.

I tried it last night, and it worked for a few minutes, and then I kept getting crashes and errors. RM3 also stopped letting me save the performance in the performance slot.

I cannot wait until we get a stable release!

the slot turns on automatically. you don't have to do this. and when you drag, you don't have to press Ctrl-Enter either.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I tried it last night, and it worked for a few minutes, and then I kept getting crashes and errors. RM3 also stopped letting me save the performance in the performance slot.

please contact support instead of waiting for another version which magically fixes crashes. The store issue will be fixed with the next version.

reading through your posts, i get the feeling that the communication in between you Profiler and computer doesn't always happen. at least, this would explain a lot of what you write. again, contact us, this is something that needs to be fixed on your system.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• Found another issue...

When you have 2 windows open (as you have to to bring rigs into a performance), the performance slot details (i.e. the FX chain) doesn't change when you navigate to other performance slots.

I'm connected directly to the Kemper, no USB bus or adapters etc. involved.

Ticket raised.

Annoyingly, think I'm going to have to revert to the last stable release - finding lots of issues (which is to be expected, after all), but it's slowing down my workflow drastically. Just concerned that - last time I did this - I lost ALL rigs and performances, and the backup wouldn't load....