Rig Manager 3 is available for testing ?

• rm3 public beta4 is a nightmare, so many bugs.

Lock function does not working anymore, everytime i turn on kpa, he lost the volume for post output

Some of the profiles were not detect anymore so i had to delete them and import them new.

Some of the rigs are working anymore. Kpa lost settings after i programmed them before.||

The rm3 public beta3 is not on their homepage anymore, please can someone give me a download link. Rm3 beta3 was working most of the time correctly

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• I was ready to make a lot of progress today but ran into a bunch of issues:

1) All eleven of the performances I created yesterday had the 'Crunch' profile in the first slot when I started up this morning, even though yesterday, when I had saved, played and gone back through them all before shutting down, they were fine.

2) Using Rig Manager, copy/paste from one slot to another does not appear to work. (this may be a known issue as I haven't been able to keep up with everything). If I want to copy/paste rigs from one slot to another in performance mode, I have to do it on the KPA itself.

3) The cross-fade of my morph settings now seems stuck on three seconds since the last update, even though I tried to change it to 0.0. I changed it to 0.0 again and will check tomorrow.

4) Morph parameters don't show up under the dial, even though the dial moves. (i.e. if I try to morph my amp volume from 0.0 to 4.0, the dial moves and shows the morph, but the numbers don't change)

I did play with tweaking an stomp/effect yesterday and all of that seemed to work fine, but unfortunately I did not save it as a preset, and just saved it to the rig that I was using which, unfortunately, and you guessed it, was the first slot of one of the performances I set up so I lost those tweaked stomps. I am not sure any of the above is worthy of a ticket but going to open one anyways.

• I was going to keep my mouth shut, since I do understand that this is beta software....but today I ended up with a dozen or so corrupted rigs that there was absolutely no way to delete. The only way out was to revert to the production versions of the Kemper firmware and RM and restore from an old backup. I usually try beta software, but never again with the Kemper. I'll wait for a production release.

This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

• I was going to keep my mouth shut, since I do understand that this is beta software....

Actually, the whole point of beta software is that they want to hear from you, so that they can fix these things. That's what leads to production software that you can depend on.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• In my case I am seeing a big improvement with performance management in the new version. I spent a few hours yesterday sorting through a set list of about 25 performances, happily dragging and dropping and tweaking rigs into various slots - never touched the machine, all edits and saves from the Rig Manager.

As far as I could tell it all worked perfectly, and the performance issues with the earlier version are fixed.

Mac OSX 15.2, Powered Toaster.

• Actually, the whole point of beta software is that they want to hear from you, so that they can fix these things. That's what leads to production software that you can depend on.

I understand that, but how do I write a proper bug report when I have no idea how it happened. I did notice that the corrupt rigs were all ones that I 'favorited' with the new RM....but I'm not sure that's much of a help. I'm sure not going to try for a 'steps to reproduce'. One complete restore was enough for me.

• In my case I am seeing a big improvement with performance management in the new version. I spent a few hours yesterday sorting through a set list of about 25 performances, happily dragging and dropping and tweaking rigs into various slots - never touched the machine, all edits and saves from the Rig Manager.

As far as I could tell it all worked perfectly, and the performance issues with the earlier version are fixed.

Mac OSX 15.2, Powered Toaster.

Please report back after the next time you reboot if all your changes were kept, thanks. I have a very similar set up - the only difference is my toaster is not powered.

• I understand that, but how do I write a proper bug report when I have no idea how it happened. I did notice that the corrupt rigs were all ones that I 'favorited' with the new RM....but I'm not sure that's much of a help. I'm sure not going to try for a 'steps to reproduce'. One complete restore was enough for me.

I completely understand your frustration. As for myself, I don't usually participate in beta programs unless I have a separate, disposable environment I can use for beta that doesn't affect my needs for the actual production software. Since I only have one Kemper and prefer to have a stable environment, I'm not testing the RM betas. If I had two Kempers I'd probably give it a shot.

I develop software for a living, so I know steps to reproduce can be a lot of work. However, if you're involved in a beta program, there's a kind of unspoken agreement. You get to play with cool new features before they're released. In return, when you find a problem, you do your best to give the dev team what they need to reproduce the bug. If we can't make the bug happen, we have no idea if the fix actually works.

That said, if you're not comfortable with the amount of work that requires, or with things like the chance of data loss, then using beta software probably isn't something that you'll enjoy. I'd just wait until the production release.

But be sure to thank all those brave souls who are finding and reporting bugs so that we get really good stuff when it's released! :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• But be sure to thank all those brave souls who are finding and reporting bugs so that we get really good stuff when it's released! :)

Amen to that.

I was also a software developer for a few decades, and at one point led a testing team for a good stretch. I can live with a few edge case bugs, but anything that corrupts data should be caught in Alpha.

• Nothing changed in os 7.1.10

during i installed the latest Os defect rigs and defect Performance detected.

i can´t delete 5 rigs.

everytime i delete These 5 rigs, on the next boot of the kpa, the rigs are already there and doesn´t work.

for example:

i choose orange ada 2-3 (MBritt) on the remote apears orange mic dark 1

WTF

informed support

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• ;(

• choose orange ada 2-3 (MBritt) on the remote apears orange mic dark 1

WTF

informed support

Hi, thanks for contacting support - please give them a backup and/or a diagnostic support profile (they'll let you know how to do that).

As a workaround, you could try to create a backup and restore it directly. Does this fix this issue?

• I had the same message on my Kemper Rack. I just let it continue with checking the cache etc and it booted up fine. All rigs working. Shut down my Kemper and re-booted and did not see the message again.

• Copying rigs into performances works great for me, even after I turn off the Kemper and re-=boot, they all work great.

Here is how I move my rigs...

Firstly, I do NOT open another window.

Go into "Browser" mode on Kemper

Then in "Rig Manager" I go to the "Local Library" then double click to highlight and activate the rig. Then I right click and "copy" the rig.

Go switch to "Performance" mode on the Kemper

Next I go back to "Rig Manager" down to my performances and choose the Performance I want and then on the far right you will see the slots for your performances. Right click in the slot that you want to put the rig.

Then press "Store" on the Kemper to save on your Kemper and rename if needed.

Done, and so simple. I love it!

The only clunky thing is to remember to switch the knob on the Kemper between Browser and Performance as needed.

Edited 3 times, last by drog: Edited for clarity ().

• On the latest RM and OS 7.1.10...

If you lock the effects then Rig Manager cannot update them on the profiler. I had to unlock all the modules on the profiler before they would update when I chose any new profile in RM...