Rig Manager 3 is available for testing ?

• effect presets : yes you can , from the editor just drag the FX to 'all presets' then 'local library' , then do the opposite to load the preset on another profile

complete effect chains : not available from the editor yet, but you can save A to D stomps from the stomp menu & button ( store button, stomp selection )

I wouldn't mind this featuree maybe in a future release G String? I'd like to copy , say the delay block from Performance 1 to Performance 20 just by right clicking copy and paste.

• I just realized that RM has no way to reorganize sub-folders. For example, if you have 600 Michael Britt profiles and want to arrange them by amp via sub-folders under a main "MBritt" folder, there is no way to alphabetize or drag-n-drop the sub-folders. The order you create them is the order in which they must stay.

How has RM gone this long without that very simple functionality?!?

I noticed nobody addressed your concern correctly IMHO, Glen, so:

The folders will be alphabetised the next time you run RM. When you create new ones, they always appear at the bottom of the list within the parent folder, yes, but that's only-temporary, mate. ;)

• Just installed the latest Rig Manager 3.0.90 and OS 7.14 and the problem persists in browse mode. However, I now think this is a rig corruption issue as the rigs that cannot be selected via RM are always the same rigs and they can also not be selected from the Kemper UI directly (via browse and load buttons). I haven't tried all rigs on the profiler but I estimate that the number of rigs that cannot be selected is > 50%.

This was my problem with the previous release. And it scares me to try the new one.

The only solution in my case was: copy all the rigs-hard reset-copy back all the rigs.

This demonstrates that the reigns were not corrupted, they are the same copied back

Until I don’t see a solution for this problem in the change log I won’t try any other version. I spent 2 hours Sunday and at some point I wasn’t able to load any rig, Kemper mute, unusable. Pretty damn scared!!!

• This is a joke right?

Little crazy frogs never joke !!!

X(

"La théorie, c'est quand on sait tout et que rien ne fonctionne. La pratique, c'est quand tout fonctionne et que personne ne sait pourquoi. Ici, nous avons réuni théorie et pratique : Rien ne fonctionne... et personne ne sait pourquoi !" - Albert E.

• Well in my mind it makes sense, even if not intended. On the Kemper Performance mode pool and Browser are separate, so it helps for me if I think that way too.

I guess as long as it’s all working, then it’s all good. ??

no. I think we are misunderstanding each other.

You are correct that Browser mode and Performance mode should be separate as they always have been. And I agree this is correct and makes perfect sense. However, at the moment the lock is not working in Performance mode at all for me. The issue is currently that you need to make a change to the lock then return before the KPA recognises it. That isn’t normal or intended behaviour.

• no. I think we are misunderstanding each other.

You are correct that Browser mode and Performance mode should be separate as they always have been. And I agree this is correct and makes perfect sense. However, at the moment the lock is not working in Performance mode at all for me. The issue is currently that you need to make a change to the lock then return before the KPA recognises it. That isn’t normal or intended behaviour.

Ok got ya. Are you saying that you need to change a parameter in one of the locked items (effects) before it recognizes the lock or something else? Maybe outline the sets you do. I will see if I can replicate the same on mine

• yes. That’s exactly what Ik, saying.

in Browser mode everything is OK

in Performance Mode the KPA shows the lock icon as expected. RM also shows the lock icon. Change to a new performance and the KPA ignores the lock and loads all the FX from the new performance as well as all the Input settings (which I have locked). However, if I unlock then relock and save (not sure if saving is actually necessary as I haven’t cross checked that yet) the. Change to a new performance then the KPA recognises the lock settings and works properly. I don’t think you even need to change a parameter just unlock and relock.

in Performance Mode the KPA shows the lock icon as expected. RM also shows the lock icon. Change to a new performance and the KPA ignores the lock and loads all the FX from the new performance as well as all the Input settings (which I have locked). However, if I unlock then relock and save (not sure if saving is actually necessary as I haven’t cross checked that yet) the. Change to a new performance then the KPA recognises the lock settings and works properly. I don’t think you even need to change a parameter just unlock and relock.

mine did not react like yours. Will test again tonight. I did save each time when I locked something.

• Amen to this, 1000%. I don't make my living from my Kemper, so I'm happy to test it out and provide them with input. I wish I had more time to test it out, to help out more, but I appreciate them offering the opportunity to either go with the stable version or the beta version.

• Amen to this, 1000%. I don't make my living from my Kemper, so I'm happy to test it out and provide them with input. I wish I had more time to test it out, to help out more, but I appreciate them offering the opportunity to either go with the stable version or the beta version.

+ one Amen :thumbup:

Ok, so I spent some time locking effects in both “Browser” and “Performance” mode. It work flawlessly. The effects stayed the same from rig to rig, just as I had locked it.
    I do make sure to save each time after I adjust and then lock the “Stomp” or “Effect” slot.

Even turned off the Kemper to make sure it stayed the same and no problems.

Works great on my MAC

• Just installed the latest Rig Manager 3.0.90 and OS 7.14 and the problem persists in browse mode. However, I now think this is a rig corruption issue as the rigs that cannot be selected via RM are always the same rigs and they can also not be selected from the Kemper UI directly (via browse and load buttons). I haven't tried all rigs on the profiler but I estimate that the number of rigs that cannot be selected is > 50%.

After restoring a backup I made before starting to play with RM3.0, all my rigs are accessible again, on both Kemper OS 7.1.14 (via UI) and via Rig Manager 3.0.90. So I guess one of the Beta releases corrupted some of them. And it was not OS 7.1.14.

• did you leave the Input menu visible on the Kemper and watch for the noise gate settings and clean sense changing every time you select a new perfomance?

i’m on Mac 10.15.2 and spent some time testing it again last night and it definitely isn’t working correctly on mine.

I played around with locking the input settings and I can confirm that it works perfectly for me.
    Here is how I tested it. .. make changes in two different patches to say noise gate and make one 0 and the other one -4. Make sure to save the changes. Now without locking and at the main rig page, select the first profile and then hold input to view settings, the do the same for the other rig. They should be different, correct? Now lock that input and go back to the main rig screen (exit out of the input screen) and choose the second rig, then go into the input screen and it will show it’s locked and still has the setting from the previous locked rig.

Works great for me

• That’s fine for editing. However, it doesn’t work for me UNLESS I make an edit. I mean just loading existing rig with effects ALREADY locked. In this situation the lock isn’t working for me. Once I’ve made a change it works but it should work without making changes first

I have an open ticket on the lock situation ...

• NEW BETA VERSION AVAILABLE

Rig Manager 3.0.94 and Profiler OS 7.1.17 are available in the public beta download sections. The new version are recommended for everybody who's using Rig Manager 3 betas.

Rig Manager 3 betas can be found here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/12/Rig-Manager

Profiler OS betas can be found here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/do…ting-System-Beta-Versions

Features and changes in Rig Manager 3.0.94

- Fixed crash when changing slots on Profiler

- Fixed wrong slot selection after changing location

- Fixed wrong performance display after editing in Local Library (Windows only)

- Fixed wrong display of edited rig/performance on first connection with Profiler

Known issues: Editor doesn’t start once the user account on windows contains special characters

Features and changes in PROFILER Operating System 7.1.17

- Addresses an issue related to Fuzz DS

Best, GS

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here