Rig Manager 3 is available for testing ?

• Yep, still have issues with lock here too. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Profiler is in PERFORMANCE mode

2. Select an existing performance slot, and a patch in that performance

3. Ensure the delay and reverb are NOT locked

4. Go to a rig in the rigs section, and double click it. This loads it into that performance slot

5. LOCK the delay and reverb slots

6. Go back to the performance window in RM, select another slot in that performance.... the delay and reverb show as locked, but they are now the parameters of the newly selected performance slot. So that's not functioning as I'd expect it to.

7. I then saved the delay and reverb blocks I originally locked to the 'My Profiler' section in RM

8. Select one of the performance slots and drag the saved delay and reverb blocks into it. Again, lock these blocks

9. Navigate to another performance slot..... and lo and behold, the locked blocks do not take effect

Another ticket raised....

• Anything new about Rigs and Performances that disappear because marked someway as "corrupted"?

• I still firmly believe Kemper need to release a video of their expected workflow and functionality; i.e. how they are expecting people to use this. We're all doing things in different ways and getting different results, it seems.

• Maybe the game is to find an alternative way to do something that they wanted make possible but failed cause of bugs and crashes !

"La théorie, c'est quand on sait tout et que rien ne fonctionne. La pratique, c'est quand tout fonctionne et que personne ne sait pourquoi. Ici, nous avons réuni théorie et pratique : Rien ne fonctionne... et personne ne sait pourquoi !" - Albert E.

"La théorie, c'est quand on sait tout et que rien ne fonctionne. La pratique, c'est quand tout fonctionne et que personne ne sait pourquoi. Ici, nous avons réuni théorie et pratique : Rien ne fonctionne... et personne ne sait pourquoi !" - Albert E.

This is great:D, (sometimes)

• I still firmly believe Kemper need to release a video of their expected workflow and functionality; i.e. how they are expecting people to use this. We're all doing things in different ways and getting different results, it seems.

Which is sort of the point of a beta and getting feedback, isn't it? Although I do agree with you that it would be appropriate for when it is ready for release.

Makes me think of Steve Jobs and the iPhone 4 Antennagate issue. "Just don't hold it that way." In reality, it doesn't matter how Kemper wants us to use it. People will do what they're going to do and the software needs to be able to deal with as many permutations of use as possible.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Which is sort of the point of a beta and getting feedback, isn't it? Although I do agree with you that it would be appropriate for when it is ready for release.

No - the user workflow should have been decided upon during the development, as that feeds into the functionality. They obviously have a certain method and workflow in mind, but have yet to tell us what this is.

If they did this, at least we’d know how we’re ‘meant’ to use the software.

I’d argue a beta is used to get feedback on the software after the functions and workflows have been decided upon. This is more like an alpha at this stage.

Unfortunately, if your UI supports doing things in multiple ways, all the multiple ways must work. There's no such thing as "we didn't expect you to do it that way."

• Anything new about Rigs and Performances that disappear because marked someway as "corrupted"?

What I noticed is that I had lost about 130 rigs after installing and starting up 7.1.17 tonight, after just having restored all my rigs last night on 7.1.14. So during startup 7.1.17 apparently found 130 corrupted rigs that it deleted.
    I then restored all my rigs again from the same backup I used last night and now 7.1.17 start up with all those rigs fine again, and doesn't delete any of them. So my exact actions were:

1. Had 7.1.14 installed with 761 rigs but some rigs were not selectable anymore

2. Restored backup from before Beta experiments

3. All my 761 rigs are now selectable and seem to be working fine.

4. Installed 7.1.17

5. Only 631 rigs left that seem to be working fine.

6. Restored same backup

7. Back to 761 rigs that seem to be selectable and working fine

So it seems weird that initially some rigs were deleted by 7.1.17 but after backup restore the same rigs were left alone and not deleted. Whether this is as it should be working I don't know.

• Unfortunately, if your UI supports doing things in multiple ways, all the multiple ways must work. There's no such thing as "we didn't expect you to do it that way."

If the developers hade a certain workflow in mind, and this is what’s only supported, they have to let us users know. Other possible workflows NOT supported should give the user an alert; this is not an allowed operation. Then, after solving more issues, alternative workflows allowed should be presented in additional video tutorials.
    In this beta phase it’s better to not allow user operations with issues not yet solved. Get the thing stable with supported operations and add alternative operations/workflows based on user feedback as future updates. There are probably too many combinations possible to get everything working from the beginning.

Kristian

Gibson Les Paul Std Brimstone, Fender American Elite Stratocaster, Gibson Blueshawk, Yamaha APX5, Epiphone 335 Dot
    Kemper Head & Remote, RedSound powered cab, Line6 Relay G10, TC Helicon VoiceLive 3

• That's not how software development works generally. But most of all: I'd leave it up to the developers to pick the right strategy, they know what they're dealing with behind the scenes.

That said, I wish all this kind of software was open source. It's not the thing they're making money on anyway and it would allow for many more people to help in this stage and for others to maintain it when the company can't/won't anymore.

• Can you provide support with that backup? So we can verify if the detection algorithm does create false positives?

So I understand that this version is still unstable on this aspect. In the last 3 betas I restore backup it worked but with the new beta the same profiles are deleted.

Once again, I paid for that rigs and if they are corrupted I’ll write MBritt to get my money back.

I can provide my backup as well.

• Once again, after the update I have some rigs deleted automatically. They are always the same. I've tried restoring from a backup or importing them again from the original files. So now I can provide:

1. PDF with evidence of the ones deleted - I exported to CSV before and after update

2. The rigs deleted

3. Backup before update and after update

I tried to restore the backup to "before the update" but looks like the missing rigs are not there...or at least the backup don't get me back to the ones I had.

Thanks

• Yep, had the same issue today. Was checking some of my performances when I realised the a few were missing and a 'New Performance' was loaded instead?!?

After re-importing them, RM and my Stage weren't in sync. I had to shut down and re-start RM to sync them.