Rig Manager 3 is available for testing ?

• Michael is not responsible for this Problem

Michael is not responsible for this Problem

Indeed the most ridiculous comment ever ... Just be patient with the beta versions, otherwise go back to the latest release version!

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• No - the user workflow should have been decided upon during the development, as that feeds into the functionality. They obviously have a certain method and workflow in mind, but have yet to tell us what this is.

If they did this, at least we’d know how we’re ‘meant’ to use the software.

I’d argue a beta is used to get feedback on the software after the functions and workflows have been decided upon. This is more like an alpha at this stage.

With respect, I think you are wrong - they figured out a long time ago that we all user the product (sometimes much) differently than each other and they anticipated. We all approach problem solving differently and are different approaches help them. But, I am happy to be wrong in this instance, so take it with a large grain of salt if you want.

• Well now that was frustrating. Since things were running so smoothly in this beta for me I decided to make a bunch of edits last night. The first issue that I encountered today was that the performance in slot one, the first performance I ever created from my former Archon amp. This was over written with another performance and then I had two instances of my JCM800 performance. Since I had a backup from two weeks ago I reverted to that knowing all of my edits from last night and my new Vox performance would be lost. Additionally, after the reboot from the restore I now have to rebuild my Dual rec performance as well since that has now been removed as well. I should know better and back up after large edits like last night.

• Well now that was frustrating. Since things were running so smoothly in this beta for me I decided to make a bunch of edits last night. The first issue that I encountered today was that the performance in slot one, the first performance I ever created from my former Archon amp. This was over written with another performance and then I had two instances of my JCM800 performance. Since I had a backup from two weeks ago I reverted to that knowing all of my edits from last night and my new Vox performance would be lost. Additionally, after the reboot from the restore I now have to rebuild my Dual rec performance as well since that has now been removed as well. I should know better and back up after large edits like last night.

jfischer518 can you document your step by step work flow. It might help the team work out bugs with different user flow(s) if any. Also include your operating system. Would be good to know if it is a small user base that has issues or not.
    I am going to update and test my setup today and post back.

• jfischer518 can you document your step by step work flow. It might help the team work out bugs with different user flow(s) if any. Also include your operating system. Would be good to know if it is a small user base that has issues or not.
    I am going to update and test my setup today and post back.

In this specific case I went through each rig in each performance and adjusted the mid, presence and clarity in the amp and then the character and high shift on some if I liked the change. I would save to profiler after the changes to each block before moving on. All profiles were perfect when I shut it down that night. When I turned it on the next morning I had 2 iterations of my JCM800 performance and one of them had overwritten my Archon performance. It was at that point that I decided to revert to my backup from two weeks ago since my new Vox performance was the only thing new since then. After the restore completed and rebooted the Mesa dual rec performance I had was gone now too.

I have gone back to creating a backup after each major change due to this.

• So I understand that this version is still unstable on this aspect. In the last 3 betas I restore backup it worked but with the new beta the same profiles are deleted.

Once again, I paid for that rigs and if they are corrupted I’ll write MBritt to get my money back.

I can provide my backup as well

The fact that you can use these profiles (reliably) kinda indicates that the detection went wrong. But I have not seen what exactly is happening :) And it was a matter of time until we also "fixed" that backup restores get cleaned up as well... We should fix this fast, deleting working files sounds very bad to me.

A backup is really helpful to see what exactly is the cause here. I recommend sending it to the support so they can give it to Timo who knows best about this.

Yep, had the same issue today. Was checking some of my performances when I realised the a few were missing and a 'New Performance' was loaded instead?!?

After re-importing them, RM and my Stage weren't in sync. I had to shut down and re-start RM to sync them.

It can happen that the RM and the Profiler are not in sync - this also results in a wrong performance list in the RM. There have been a few posts about Performances going lost after a Profiler restart. I'm always unsure if these performances ever were on the device or if they still are and just the RM list is wrong. If you go through the performances on the device without RM, are they also missing there? Maybe we should introduce a "start complete re-sync" button..

"That's what I love about the Kemper: It's very simple, the sounds are awesome." (Jeff Loomis)

Edited once, last by kriwat: not so confident :D ().

• It can happen that the RM and the Profiler are not in sync - this also results in a wrong performance list in the RM. There have been a few posts about Performances going lost after a Profiler restart. I'm always unsure if these performances ever were on the device or if they still are and just the RM list is wrong. If you go through the performances on the device without RM, are they also missing there? Maybe we should introduce a "start complete re-sync" button..

i have had this happen and it scared the life out of me. However, when I selected Library then went back to My Profiler they were all there afterall. It appears that it was just a sync issue. I think a resync option would be a good idea.

• I've always preferred or wished for re-sync buttons in editor apps (hardware-synth utilities, for instance) and plugins (Omnisphere springs to mind, where it rescans installed libraries and saves a reboot of the DAW), 'cause rebooting the app wastes time for no guaranteed result.

I'm really-grateful that you volunteered the idea, kriwat. Thank you, mate!

• The fact that you can use these profiles (reliably) kinda indicates that the detection went wrong. But I have not seen what exactly is happening :) And it was a matter of time until we also "fixed" that backup restores get cleaned up as well... We should fix this fast, deleting working files sounds very bad to me.

A backup is really helpful to see what exactly is the cause here. I recommend sending it to the support so they can give it to Timo who knows best about this.

It can happen that the RM and the Profiler are not in sync - this also results in a wrong performance list in the RM. There have been a few posts about Performances going lost after a Profiler restart. I'm always unsure if these performances ever were on the device or if they still are and just the RM list is wrong. If you go through the performances on the device without RM, are they also missing there? Maybe we should introduce a "start complete re-sync" button..

Hi kriwat in my case the Performances were all listed in the correct order and accounted for on the Stage (no losses). Not sure if this helps but this happened with the latest beta rrelease for me.

• Even for risking of being stoned:

How do you easily exchange amps with rm3 within performances without losing pre and post settings? I see how locking everything except the amp itself makes sense as a first step. But then?

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio

Edited once, last by Alienator ().

• Even for risking of being stoned:

How do you easily exchange amps with fm3 within performances without losing pre and post settings? I see how locking everything except the amp itself makes sense as a first step. But then?

Hm, typically you cannot lock single parameters, so this is not supposed to work if you are talking about only locking the EQ Position parameter

"That's what I love about the Kemper: It's very simple, the sounds are awesome." (Jeff Loomis)

• Hm, typically you cannot lock single parameters, so this is not supposed to work if you are talking about only locking the EQ Position parameter

To put it in other words: I have performances with say 5 slots each and I am happy with my settings for drives and FX etc. and I want only a different amp (rig). If you right click the amp you can choose to lock everything but the amp... but what then? How do you choose a different amp for your different slots from within the RM from any of the RMs rigs/amp lists on the left? Seems it does not work...???

Better have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! - Michael Angelo Batio