Rig Manager 3 is available for testing ?

• Can you please explain what "initialize performance" does ?

Initialize (make ready)...It wipes clean “restores the default values” what was there but does not “delete” the performance spot. So it’s a blank placeholder, ready for a rig.

With the local library you can “delete” the performance and it is gone. So you will notice when you store to local library, you will have a few instances of the same performances sometimes but different date/times. To clean them up, you can “delete” them.

That is how I understand it. Hope that helps.

Edited with clarity as per GString

Edited 2 times, last by drog: Added quote from GString post below for more clarity ().

• For anyone who doesn’t already know, the 125 performances on the KPA are permanent and specific locations. Hard-coded into the machine, if you will. This is one reason why dragging and dropping doesn’t work in the same way as other files.

The location can only be cleared (initialized), but never deleted. Only the data n that location is deleted.

I do wish that RM’s counter for performances on the KPA reflected the number of actually populated locations and not always 125. Before RM 3 it did, so hopefully that’s for a future update.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I have updated both the profiler and the rig manager to the latest beta. Until 2 hours earlier everything was working great since the release. Now I am experiencing this crazy problem

I imported a performance. The kemper "crashed" and I turned it off. There was no "shutting down" text on the screen. Exited the manager, booted the profiler AND the manager and now now there is no communication between the profiler and my PC. I tried everything. Rebooted multiple times, reinstalled the manager. Nothing works. I am suspecting a corruption(????)

I am on Windows 10

UPDATE

I completely unistalled the manager with a 3rd party tool . Had to login again. Synced everything and works ok. Strange thing!

• Similar to me. When I had the Profiler Damaged screen I had the same sycn issue and the resultant syncing feeling., wondering if all this is damaging my Kemper.

• I don't want to jinx anything, but I spent the last couple of days using purely RM3 and the editor to create several new performances, and alter existing ones. Had first rehearsal since then last night, and everything ran smoothly - no missing rigs or performances, no drop outs etc.

Very pleased!

• Hey there,

I have managed to reproduce some things now (it took me a while to figure out how exactly you import the performances).

If possible, I would really like you to use Drag&Drop to import performances for the moment. There is something weird with the "Import Performances.." option, including some sync problems even after RM/Profiler restart and so on for me right now, but I have not investigated further :) So be safe, we'll be looking at it tomorrow.

"That's what I love about the Kemper: It's very simple, the sounds are awesome." (Jeff Loomis)

Edited once, last by kriwat ().

• Hey there,

I have managed to reproduce some things now (it took me a while to figure out how exactly you import the performances).

If possible, I would really like you to use Drag&Drop to import performances for the moment. There is something weird with the "Import Performances.." option, including some sync problems even after RM/Profiler restart and so on for me right now, but I have not investigated further :) So be safe, we'll be looking at it tomorrow.

Dude, you rock.

• I know that Kemper team cares about our concerns and are working hard behind the scenes. But the best thing that happened to the forum lately is kriwat stopping by every now and then and giving us some feedback and information! And he does it in the right amount and in a very natural, honest, uncomplicated, friendly way. That is very well received and chills down the emotions (at least for me). So I say thanks for that :*

• Hi all,
    need some advice. I guess I'm doing something wrong but can't figure out how it should be done properly. So here it is.
    In performance mode, New Performance. I want to create a new one. I know the rig I want (from another performance) so I copy that rig and paste it, say in the first slot of the new Performance. Now I store it using the Stage store function.
    The RM (beta) and the KPR Stage both show the rig in slot one.

So far so good. Now i copy the same rig say in slot two and here's the 'funny' thing. I can see it in the RM but the slot on the Stage is empty. I've also tried copying the rig in a different slot but the stage still shows and empty slot.

Now another weird thing that happened was that I renamed new Performance to 'Cars' in RM but when i tried to rename 'Cars' to 'Cars tmp' the Stage didn't sync and kept the name as 'Cars'

Any advise would be very much appreciated

Cheers

• Did you save after the second performance slot ?

• I works fine for me. The only hiccup was I had to name the performance twice before the name stuck.
    I had to change performance and resell the the one I wanted to edit. Or I could not change the performance name again. The other odd thing is after I changed the name, I had to click anywhere below the name so that the Store Performance would highlight.

• I works fine for me. The only hiccup was I had to name the performance twice before the name stuck.
    I had to change performance and resell the the one I wanted to edit. Or I could not change the performance name again. The other odd thing is after I changed the name, I had to click anywhere below the name so that the Store Performance would highlight.

I'll be home soon. Will start up my Stage and check if the Performance has synced.

• played around a bunch more editing, copy pasting, renaming, turning Kemper on/off as well as rig manager. Mine is working great.

Maybe try a new USB cable? Or a different USB input on your computer if you have one. You are not going through a USB hub or anything?

• Brought my Power rack to rehearsal today and after rebooting and switching to performance mode the active performance contained Crunch in all slots.

Luckily switching to another performance and back restored the correct rigs. Phew.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

Edited once, last by musicmad ().