Rig Manager 3 is available for testing ?

• I have RM 3.0.79 and it will not upgrade to the current RM...any suggestions...in fact I have never been able to get RM to update without actually downloading it from the kemper download page...

• I have RM 3.0.79 and it will not upgrade to the current RM...any suggestions...in fact I have never been able to get RM to update without actually downloading it from the kemper download page...

manually update to 3.0.99. Once the is done run the RM and you will be prompted to update to 3.0.100.

If you are not on 7.0.19 for the OS you may need to use the USB method

• Okay well that's different from previous versions of the OS. When I previously looked at the profiler through RM it would mirror what was backed up to my computer. Now I see 100 "New Performance"/s.

I do not understand why we could delete a performance with OS 7.1.5 but not with the last beta versions. Is there any reason for this ? Maybe some changes introduced with the Stage ? For me, i prefer an empty performance that can't be selected by the Remote than a New performance that can be selected with settings that mean nothing.

• It's weird that they didn't force you to uninstall the beta versions and install the latest releases. Maybe that's what happens under the covers? Let's hope the bugs are all gone!

Thanks Kemper

• I do not understand why we could delete a performance with OS 7.1.5 but not with the last beta versions. Is there any reason for this ? Maybe some changes introduced with the Stage ? For me, i prefer an empty performance that can't be selected by the Remote than a New performance that can be selected with settings that mean nothing.

my guess is that you never could “delete” them before. What we called deleting was actually just the same as what is now called “initialising” but the introduction of the editor actually shows the status whereas the old version didn’t.

• I installed version 3.0.100 and after 10 minutes of testing I'm back to version 6.

Since version 7.15 and RM 2.1.74 (December 6th 2019) there is a bug when sorting performances with the Rigmanager.

This is also the reason that someone claims that performances are lost or that the sorting is no longer correct.

Do the following steps:

1. KPA - Performance Mode

2. RM - Select a performance on the KPA with a double click (e.g. Performance 1)

3. RM - Now move this performance to a higher memory number using drag and drop, for example. on (Performance 5).

Question:

What number do you see on the Kemper?

What number do you see on the RM?

What happens if I now press save on the KPA?

Be the force with you ;)

• my guess is that you never could “delete” them before. What we called deleting was actually just the same as what is now called “initialising” but the introduction of the editor actually shows the status whereas the old version didn’t.

I did revert to 7.1.5 to check this and you are right. The "empty" performances in RM can't be selected by RM unless you chose to "create a new performance" but they can be by the Remote and show as "New performance". This make sens, otherwise how could you create a new performance without RM connected ? Thanks for your lights ;)

• Probably a dumb question, but did you report the problem through the official channels so that they have it on their list to fix?

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Updated from RM v2.1.74 and OS 5.1.1 'cause the app and FW are out-of-beta now.

I'm hugely-disappointed that all my main-window columns have been reset to default-widths, visibility (activated or not) and positioning. It took me many weeks to go through all my folders and set all column widths, visibilities and positioning manually to allow full visibility of their contents.

Restoring old backups of RM 2 doesn't import the column widths even 'though it did so in RM 2. Obviously the transition to RM3 ignores the data for some reason.

Remembering spending all day, day-in, day-out, scrolling folder contents in order to determine appropriate max column widths and setting them accordingly leaves me fully-deflated when I consider having to go through all that again. It's not a task I'm keen to repeat any time soon, and it's unfortunately putting me off using the app 'cause I rely on correct column widths and placement so much. :(

I have requested automatic column-width functionality in the past, via the right-click submenu in the column-header area. Ideally there'd be a max-width setting as well as part of the process; this'd help avoid columns' being pushed out-of-view by "fat" ones as a result of a single, long-winded name somewhere, for example.

Gonna leave this thing alone for a while now. Assumed its being out-of-beta would've meant a smooth experience, but I've already had to contend with multiple crashes, "random-character" appearances across the column-header area and of course the described column saga and all I've done is navigate to two of my fave commercial Profilers' folders.

Lastly, I'd be interested to hear how others have fared with the "Apply to all libraries of this type" option in the aforementioned submenu. It wasn't pretty here.

Sorry I don't have anything positive to say. Hang on... I love the dark look, which is new to me as I was on v2.1.74. :) <3

• Probably a dumb question, but did you report the problem through the official channels so that they have it on their list to fix?

Yes I did also including a Video that shows the issue.
    I send it to th support and later on i made a post in the german forum section.

I never got any response from support so I think they now it.

The mistake is so obvious that everyone should notice it.

Double-click any performance and drag and drop the table down (higher performance number). You will see that the Kemper gets mixed up. You can see it from the performance number on the RM and the KAP. If you then save or continue editing and then save, the data is gone and if you are unlucky then another performance will be overridden.

Be the force with you ;)

• Question: When working on Profiler performances in Rig Manager do you ever need to hit store on the profiler? It's really unclear to me. I just tried this:

1. I changed the name of a performance that recides on my profiler so something else. It took a few tries before it stuck on the profiler itself. Do I need to hit store on the profiler? Or not? It seemed to stick even if I didn't

2. Then I changed the name of two rigs in the same performance, still on the profiler. This time it stuck the first time around. No store needed.

3. But now I can't get any name change on the profiler performance to stick (haven't tried hitting store since it doesn't seem to be needed).

How is this supposed to work? Can anyone confirm what the official stated procedure is? Do we hit store on the profiler or not when editing profiler performances in RM?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Latest RM version, Win10, Browse Mode.

Select a profile "A" with RM that is on the Profiler, using cab button on profiler to open cab settings of cab "A", push copy button on profiler, select another rig "B" with RM that is on the profiler too, push paste button to "replace" cab "B" with cab "A", then move to the next profile "C" in RM with right arrow key.

The profile "B" shows cab "A", but I already moved on to the next profile without storing. Going back to profile "B" it still shows cab "A" in RM but cab "B" on the profiler. The sound is cab "B" too.

kriwat I tried with profiles in the Local Library today: It seems that cabs copied from merged profiles show this behaviour always. But cabs from studio profiles copied to merged /direct profiles always change back /"sync correct", studio cabs on studio profiles don't change the cab name back when going to another profile. The profiler always shows the correct cabs.

So this is not a sync problem with the profiler (because it's not only rigs on the profiler), but a problem in Rig Manager itself. Restarting Rig Manager does show the correct cabs in RM again.

Can some of you guys here just try the same and tell me I am not alone please? Just copy a cab from a merged profile to another rig and than change to the next rig without saving. Now RM still shows the wrong cab (should have "switched" back to the original one), but on the Profiler itself it works like it should.

Edited 3 times, last by Ibot39 ().

• Question: When working on Profiler performances in Rig Manager do you ever need to hit store on the profiler? It's really unclear to me. I just tried this:

1. I changed the name of a performance that recides on my profiler so something else. It took a few tries before it stuck on the profiler itself. Do I need to hit store on the profiler? Or not? It seemed to stick even if I didn't

Might be a workflow issue we are thinking about: The performance name is part of the performance. If you have the performance opened, you are in editing mode and your state will get discarded when you leave it. When you select another performance without loading, you will offline-edit it and it will be saved immediately. So it doesn't always behave the same.. This can be confusing - is this your issue? ^^

I never got any response from support so I think they now it

This was on the list with different symptoms for a while, it is our plan to fix this for the next version now.

kriwat I tried with profiles in the Local Library today: It seems that cabs copied from merged profiles show this behaviour always. But cabs from studio profiles copied to merged /direct profiles always change back /"sync correct", studio cabs on studio profiles don't change the cab name back when going to another profile. The profiler always shows the correct cabs.

Okay I think I get it, finally :D The editor shows it all right, but the Rig Manager inspector and Cabinet Columns don't revert when using COPY/PASTE buttons.. Might be a side effect of something else, so I'll write it down and see if it continues after the next few changes. Thanks for the effort to make it reproducible :)

"That's what I love about the Kemper: It's very simple, the sounds are awesome." (Jeff Loomis)

• Maybe this isn't the right thread for this question, but I'll be quick!

Is there a way in RM to switch my Profiler from Browse mode to Performance Mode? Used instead of reaching for the knob on the Profiler?