New Amp Day! Ceriatone Gargoyle! free profiles!

• For your enjoyment, a brand new Ceriatone Gargoyle :) 421/57 mix on a mesa OS. Diode switch to the left, both gains about 1 oclock, bright switch to the left, EQ all about 6, except bass and deep up a bit, and presence at 2. enjoy!

Profile name : CERIATONE GARGOYLE 1

• one more uploaded for the evening. CERIATONE GARGOYLE 2. Both of these were profiled with an ESP Horizon with EMG 57/66 pickups, so take that into consideration. This one is my more aggressive mic mix. Enjoy! :)

• Had to look that one up and see what it was lol- Thank You! :D

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• These are indeed great profiles, the Gargoyle 2 is my goto profile for 70's-80's-90's hard rock. I did modify a few settings.

First I lowered the noise gate (input) from 8 to 4. Not sure why you have it at 8, Chris, the profile doesn’t need that high a noise gate in my opinion.

I also deleted the noise gate in the effect chain. And I lowered to Rig Volume from 2.4 to 0 to level it with my other profiles.

Other modifications I did:

Amp block:

• gain from 6.5 to 5.4 (personal taste)
    • Definition from 10 to 5.2
    • Power sagging from 0 to 4.9

Cab block

• High shift to -0.8
    • Character to -1
    • Pure cabinet to 3.8

I also added the Hot Knife – post EQ from Tonejunkie.

And there you have it, my n° 1 profile for 70’s-80’s-90’s hard rock. The setting I described above are for playing with Humbuckers. When I use a single coil guitar, I throw in a Full OC (Drive at 0, tone at 3.5, Mix 100%, volume at 2.3).

The real gem however is the cab (with the settings mods I did). Every profile I tried, sounded better when I replaced the original cab with this cab. I often see people saying a profile sounds dull or as if it was covered with a blanket. Well, replace the cab with this Ceriatone cab and the profile comes to live.

I play through an oversized 1x12 cab with a Kemper Kone in it (imprints not activated) and/or through studio monitors (JBL LSR 305) and it sounds great through both.

Just my 2 cents, YMMV.