Rig Manager 3.0 Beta Release Discussion Thread

• On my Windows 8.1 computer, everything seemed to install correctly but when I run Rig Manager it looks like it's launching (splash screen, progress bar, etc.) but then it just dies--no error message or anything.

It seems to be working fine on my Windows 10 computer so far.

Kemper guys--let me know if you'd like logs or anything.

• After an hour - no problem with installation on 2013 Mac Pro running Mojave - this is really impressive. I can understand why this took a while to pull together - there has clearly been a LOT of work under the hood to basic Rig Manager functionality plus this slick intuitive design.

Thanks to the whole team at Kemper. What a product.

• Im trying not to giggle about this being out Waaaaaay before Christmas...

WTH, BRAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D:D:D

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If you use FRFR the benefit of a merged profile is that the cabinet is totally separated in the profile.

For my edification only... ;) Kemper/Axe-FX III/ Quad Cortex user

• On my Windows 8.1 computer, everything seemed to install correctly but when I run Rig Manager it looks like it's launching (splash screen, progress bar, etc.) but then it just dies--no error message or anything.

It seems to be working fine on my Windows 10 computer so far.

Kemper guys--let me know if you'd like logs or anything.

Same thing happened to me.

I had to unplug then reboot a few times but it finally worked.

• The new RM build installs and runs OK from a clean install (no previous RM2 install) on a borrowed Win 10 machine but on the Win 8.1 machine I was planning to use it on (previously had RM2 on it) , RM3 beta crashes at the end of its startup routine.

The Windows error message fingers the editor (Appcrash, Rigmanager.exe) each time. I tried a repair install and rebooting - no dice. The crash happens without the KPA attached.

• Your experience mirrors my own. ;(

• Has anyone figured out a way to edit morphing parameters through the editor? I can see the morphing parameters on the screen but there doesn't seem to be anyway to edit the morphed parameter or to initiate new morphing. When the parameter is adjusted, the unmorphed indicator (red dot) moves.

I can imagine this may be a feature in development - it certainly would be handy - but wanted to make sure I am not missing something.

Thanks,

Fred

grab0.jpg

UPDATE:

Never mind, I figured it out: cmd-click on any parameter to create a morph or edit an existing one. Great stuff!

Edited 3 times, last by flwehr: Found it ().

• Initial thoughts: looks good, does what it needs to do.

Issues so far:

- Somehow the midi assignment of one of my presets was changed to another one, probably because RM stored the previously used preset into the one I wanted to load up and something went wrong (user error most likely).

- The loaded amp does not always reload properly in the right hand side of the screen (hence my user error, probably)

Requests:

1 - Ability to select the amp through pull down list, like with the effects

2 - Ability to select the cab through pull down list, like with the effects

3 - Ability to double the knobs and manually enter a number

4 - Ability to edit midi cc assignments

• Hey ho,

Windows 8.1 64 Bit

installed the OS 7.1.6.15552 and this morning the OS 7.1.7

My Editor screen looks like the picture below, and I can reproduce an Error Message by clicking on "Windows".

Sometimes(!!) Kemper tries to synch rigs, but the screen never changes.

Redownloaded and -installed a couple of times, doesn't seem to help.

• I'll add one more request to this list:

5 - Ability to option-click on any parameter to return it to 0 or default setting.

• I've updated to the beta version OS and RM and didn't have any issues (MacOS Catalina 10.15.1). I found bug though:

Rig Manager 3 is available for testing ?

... and I've reported it to KPR support