Rig Manager 3.0 Beta Release Discussion Thread

• I've had better luck creating/saving performances with the chickenhead knob in Browse mode

• Anyone got tips on updating from a V6 operating system? OK to go directly to the 7.1.7 beta, then rig manager? I expect that both installs will need to be manual? Thx.

I had to use USB stick to be able to update my Kemper to 7.1.7 beta from the latest stable release 7.1.5.

You may have to use the same method to update from OS6 to OS7.1.7beta.

Good luck.

• Ok, today I tried multiple times to create a new performance filling each of the five slots with the same rig (Michael Britt Taylor K4 3). First, it would not allow me to save it local or to the Kemper using the orange buttons at the bottom of the main screen. Then, most or all of the slots were reverting to crunch when I changed slots. Then, it started crashing and giving me an error message when I tried to drag and drop the rig onto new slots in a new performance. I shut down and rebooted a couple of times. Will submit to support but attaching the error pic here for reference.

I have the same issue and error message and have also reported to support.

• Windows 8.1 or higher?! WHAT??? NO! I have a brand new system, and you better believe I installed windows 7 64 bit on it. Come on. Windows 8-10 are complete trash. :(

Am I seriously going to need to buy a dedicated computer for my kemper now?

• Been using windows 10 for a long time personally and the works IT department recently rolled out to 2000 employees. It appears to be pretty stable and as stable as 7 in my opinion.

Why would you want to use unsupported software. The UK NHS still uses windows 98 and has to pay special support costs. That’ll get sorted when Trump buys the NHS according to Jeremy Corbyn....oh and everyone gets free beer if he gets in as well..bonus.

Edited once, last by Deej09: Typos ().

• Windows 8.1 or higher?! WHAT??? NO! I have a brand new system, and you better believe I installed windows 7 64 bit on it. Come on. Windows 8-10 are complete trash. :(

Am I seriously going to need to buy a dedicated computer for my kemper now?

Microsoft will end all support for Windows 7 on January, 14th 2020. So why support a dead platform? If you have a legacy system, you need to stick with the old versions of KemperOS and Rig Manager. Absolutely not Kemper's fault.

• Everything I have is on windows 7 pro. This new rig manager 3 requires windows 8 or up. Well I have a laptop with win 8....I installed the new rig manager 3 on the laptop.... guess what ....the rig manager won't open up! it starts to open, shows the icon, lasts about 3 seconds and just quits. now what? my kemper has been updated to the beta version 7.7.........

• That's strange, does not work here. Can scroll in the lists with the mouse wheel, though.

holding the cursor over a knob and right clicking... Its even better - you get the choice of 'default' or 'stored'. Pressing ctrl and scrolling the knob to get the morph - is cool too. Having the knobs be controlled by my touchscreen ....priceless (as the scroll wheel on my old mouse doesn't always work).

• In the Rig Manager Manual, it says:

Keyboard Shortcuts

The following Editor specific key commands are to your disposal:

Can anybody please tell how to get these Rig Manager Keyboard Shortcuts to work ?

Thank you in advance :)

• Hey everyone.

Iam not so euphoric like all of you.

Yes for Kemper its a cool feature, but iam a Line6 and FX user, and there its standard for years to have an editor.

okay, but iam thankfull and try to be kind :)

after my short review, its correct that i cant change amps and cabinets in the editor?

is there a reason for?

one of my first intention to using the editor is, to change and organize the cabinets and its sound changes.

pls add this feature.... like.... like the other companies ;)

thanks

christian

• I’ve been using them. Although, a couple times they wouldn’t work and needed to close/reopen RM to get the shortcuts functional again.

• Ok, today I tried multiple times to create a new performance filling each of the five slots with the same rig (Michael Britt Taylor K4 3). First, it would not allow me to save it local or to the Kemper using the orange buttons at the bottom of the main screen. Then, most or all of the slots were reverting to crunch when I changed slots. Then, it started crashing and giving me an error message when I tried to drag and drop the rig onto new slots in a new performance. I shut down and rebooted a couple of times. Will submit to support but attaching the error pic here for reference.

I get this when trying to build performances - everything else seems to be ok though!

PRS Custom 22's - Fender Strats - Diezel VH4 - Carol Ann OD2 - Toneking Imperial MK2 - Colin the Kemper - CLR Neo ii.

• Look at your event viewer application logs and see what errors you got when you attempted to run RM3

Yeah have done that but not really understanding exactly the issue but what i do know is that it is an issue with the new added rigeditor.dll,

If i remove that file from the installed folder then rig manager runs fine but then of course that then means i don't have the new editor its just like having rig manager only a newer version and no editor at the bottom.