Rig Manager 3.0 Beta Release Discussion Thread

• I am on Win 8 but the new RM3 does not work on that so it seems it will work on 10 only.

I thought the Free upgrade had stopped now?

when you say doesn't work on Win 8 expand that plz I'm also on Win 8 and RM 3.0 lets me chg rigs on kemper but I can't access the editor is it same for you

Ian Flynn

• when you say doesn't work on Win 8 expand that plz I'm also on Win 8 and RM 3.0 lets me chg rigs on kemper but I can't access the editor is it same for you

Yes that was the same for me its not allowing the rigeditor.dll to load within RM 3.0, i tried just about everything i could i tried other computers that to were on Win 8/8.1 no joy so i gave up and upgraded one of my laptops to Win 10 just so i can use the new RM 3.0 but thats fine for me as it will just be used for things like my Kemper and my Axe FX and that so all is good now for me.

I am sure that they will fix the issue as it mainly lies within that new .dll and not within rig manager its just the added editor.

• Been testing the Editor - since 2 days . two Bugs i found so far:

the Mix knob in the Reverb Algorithms is not working correct.

the full wet setting sounds like 50 / 50 . its wrong via editor as well as

directly on the profiler (maybe the new Beta OS ?? )

if you freeze Reverbs or Delays and then switch off the module the

freeze Pad is not muted . (only in Editor)

so far so good.

nice Software - thank you Kemper Team :)

• Another 2 Thoughts for Editor Improvement:

Double Click on Knob = Revert to Default Value (like the Reaper DAW)

Double Click on Value below the Knob = Type in the Value via Keyboard

Hope thats the right Place here on this Thread??

• Are you guys having this issue or am I doing something wrong here?

https://youtu.be/qGP-VdP6ILQ

It is a bug but I have a workaround for now:

Select performance you want to edit , change slot do something different then default slot 1 for example 5 , then go back to slot 1 and edit.

The changes should be stored now.

Not working

• Saving of performance changes seem not to work at the moment. At least I noticed it too.

• Are other's experiencing issues with performances not sticking (writing to profiler) when using the orange save to profiler buttons?

Yes, there's a dedicated thread on this in the Rig Manager forum.

Plus, the "store to profiler" button gets de-activated when switching slots (another bug report thread on the Rig Manager forum).

So still a bit to be done until the editor becomes truly useful in Performance mode.

• I've been trying for 2 day to install on Windows 10. Each and every time I get: "There is a problem with this Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"...….I have tried every suggestion/workaround on the internet.

• I just made it through every post of this thread and I think I spotted just a few people with what I think might be the same issue. Are other's experiencing issues with performances not sticking (writing to profiler) when using the orange save to profiler buttons? I keep finding myself making changes to the performances, saving, moving elsewhere, then returning to find my performance rolled back to a previous version. If I make my tweaks in RM but then manually click store>store>store on the profile (stage) itself like I would normally, that seems to still work - it just defeats the purpose of using RM instead of going back and forth between RM and the profiler.

Yep, same here. Can't save in RM, only on the Stage.

• Just got back from practice.

Had been using the Kemper with OS 7.1.7 and RM 3 since Friday with very few issues. One crash when using my Surface Pro touch screen to pick a rig in a performance. Bluetooth MiDi working well as well...

Well...

Until I got to practice and setup as usual.

Setup the tablet to BT, changed songs and boom... KP crashed.

Pushed exit to reboot, tried again, crashed.

Removed Yamaha BT/Midi adapter and rebooted. All working fine.

Did the first half of practice the old tap dance way with zero issues.

Break time I plugged the BT/Midi adapter back in and it worked flawlessly for the rest of the night.

Although I could have done a gig with this, it's not what I would gig with.

You have been needlessly warned!:D

• Been going at it for a couple of days and loving it! What a difference! Am I correct that the relevant items under the System menu on the Kemper have not been captured in RM 3.0? Namely:

- Rig X-fade time

- FX Loop Level

- Pedal links for Morph, Wah, Volume and Pitch

- Midi programming

• I've been trying for 2 day to install on Windows 10. Each and every time I get: "There is a problem with this Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"...….I have tried every suggestion/workaround on the internet.

Exactly this here too. I will be raising a ticket when I get a chance.