Rig Manager 3.0 Beta Release Discussion Thread

• man i'm loving this editor for one reason: changing the Mbritt legacy delays and verbs to the new ones :D that used to be a drag on the toaster but so quickly done with the editor. i wish Mbritt would update his presets at one point with the new verbs and delays .. just for convenience's sake :)

but it's fuckin with my system now ... i used to just play the presets and be perfectly happy with what i got with a few adjustments to the front panel knobs ... but now of course i keep twiddling with the fx chains ... so i'm playing less and twiddlin more ... sounds better in the end for sure but not sure it's a productive development overall

-------------------------------------------------------

free you mind and your ass will follow …

• I still get that blue screen when I switch the computer off ( stig72 , I checked that software, but saw a few opinions that made me think it wasn't safe, so I didn't use it).

BUT, anyway I installed RM3 and updated the Stage without problems and everything seems to work fine, so I'm happy with it.

• I still get that blue screen when I switch the computer off ( stig72 , I checked that software, but saw a few opinions that made me think it wasn't safe, so I didn't use it).

BUT, anyway I installed RM3 and updated the Stage without problems and everything seems to work fine, so I'm happy with it.

Pleased that you have it running, :)

That blue screen thing must have something to do with the Windows 10 install, i did an upgrade on my Win 8.1 laptop to Win 10 and used the online update/media creation tool from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and all went perfectly no problems at all.

• As others have reported, on both my iMac and MacBook running OS 10.15.1, after updating my Profiler to 7.1.7 and installing RM 3.0, RM will open and start synching, then crash and shut down. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times on both computers. Same result. I even tried installing RM 3.0 on my VERY old MacBook running 10.13.6, samre result.

This must be some sort of Mac - USB - Kemper thing. Possibly unrelated, but whenever my Profiler is connected to my MacBook and the Macbook isn't connected to an external power supply, (i.e., running on battery only) my Profiler would freeze up and need re-booting (this with the official RM release before 3.0). This too was not unknown or unreported on this Forum. The suggestion was this was a Kemper- USB issue. Dunno.

While unable to run RM 3 at this point is frustrating, it is somewhat comforting knowing my problem is shared by a number of others. It's not just me!

• I've been trying for 2 day to install on Windows 10. Each and every time I get: "There is a problem with this Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"...….I have tried every suggestion/workaround on the internet.

Same problem here

Please help

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• I don't know if its just a Mac thing but when in Performance mode the Orange store buttons offer "Store Performance In Local Library" (works as expected) or "Store Performance #1" (just stores the performance in the current slot on the Profiler). Seems to be wrongly labelled, although and option to save directly to in performance location #x instead of current then dragging and dropping would be great.

• I don't know if its just a Mac thing but when in Performance mode the Orange store buttons offer "Store Performance In Local Library" (works as expected) or "Store Performance #1" (just stores the performance in the current slot on the Profiler). Seems to be wrongly labelled, although and option to save directly to in performance location #x instead of current then dragging and dropping would be great.

Same on Windows. If you tweak an effect or something on a rig, the Store Performance seems to update to the correct number, but does not save to the profiler.

• I don't know if someone's mentioned it yet in the 14 pages thus far, so apologies if it's redundant, but couple things:

• Not have to use virtual knobs and allow numeric values to also be entered manually
    • Have the EQ icon or something reflect the EQ curve for visual reference (as Jonathanrsullivan also recommended)
  • MementoMori what is the case that people wat to enter values via KB? I don't get it. What difference it will be 12.3 or 12.0 dB

The problem lies that people sometimes use "." and sometimes use "," Sometimes thay do ot use nothing just plain "12" ...nevermind.

(as Jonathanrsullivan also recommended)

Have you tried TME? :P

• My MacBook Pro has a new enough software to just work. I was able get everything downloaded without issues

But (Not a lot of time). Was not able to figure out how to adjust controls

Now it'll be this weekend, befor I can get back to it, but so far it works

• MementoMori what is the case that people wat to enter values via KB? I don't get it. What difference it will be 12.3 or 12.0 dB

The problem lies that people sometimes use "." and sometimes use "," Sometimes thay do ot use nothing just plain "12" ...nevermind.

Why the need for the limitation for people who already know the numeric values they want or need? If the editor is there to expedite the process, IMO it is beneficial to offer the knob and the numeric option.

• First, thanks to the development team. Great job.

Second, I get it. Validation on multiple OS's is a PITA. I have been developing or in charge of development teams for around 35 years.

That being said, my old Win7 machine just won't update to Win10. Motherboard isn't supported for some reason. I tried to do it anyway, took around 2 hours and was nearly complete when the dreaded Win10 "something went wrong" BSOD showed up. The good news is that MicroSoft nicely put my machine back in the state it was in prior to the upgrade attempt (someone did their homework on failure modes on this one :) ).

I suppose it really is time for another pseudo "ground up" desktop build .... or perhaps I can talk my wife into a nice new family laptop :)

Funny thing is, I wouldn't even be considering updating the machine if it weren't for the Kemper editor. It does what it needs to do and is rock stable.

Still, can't expect anyone writing a new program to be targeting Win7 today. That is just plain silly.

Have you tried TME? :P

Even slight tweaks of some settings can make a meaningful difference for me (for example “definition”). On windows, holding shift will allow for finer adjustments easier, but numerical values would still work better for me personally.

The bonanza

• Similar problem here.

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 to have the new editor working. And it works. But every time I try to switch the computer off, it shows a blue screen and restarts.

How did you return to Windows 7?

• As you know Guitar players are very conservative. They use tube amps since decades.;)

so I’ve worked for a German manufacturing company before, believe me I understand conservatism now ;)

“We do not understand why our customers would want this feature” ........... I heard that several times.

It was also difficult to get them to understand that “competence” means “eh we can do it, but maybe not the best” in United States, while there it means excellence.

• I havent been able to prove it but The only new software on my win 10 machine is the new rig manager and my machine has had random crashes if rig manager is open.Even when I am not using it. Never had crash issues before.

• As others have reported, on both my iMac and MacBook running OS 10.15.1, after updating my Profiler to 7.1.7 and installing RM 3.0, RM will open and start synching, then crash and shut down. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times on both computers. Same result. I even tried installing RM 3.0 on my VERY old MacBook running 10.13.6, samre result.

This must be some sort of Mac - USB - Kemper thing. Possibly unrelated, but whenever my Profiler is connected to my MacBook and the Macbook isn't connected to an external power supply, (i.e., running on battery only) my Profiler would freeze up and need re-booting (this with the official RM release before 3.0). This too was not unknown or unreported on this Forum. The suggestion was this was a Kemper- USB issue. Dunno.

While unable to run RM 3 at this point is frustrating, it is somewhat comforting knowing my problem is shared by a number of others. It's not just me!

Ditto here. Started off fairly well, but has since exhibited exactly what you have going on. Rig manager crashes, I reopen it and Profiler attempts to sync to no avail. iMac OS 10.12.6